No announcement yet.

10/6/12 redfish, pickeral and perch on the yak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this was not selby bay. this was blackwalnut cove. and there was dead fish including dead rockfish and croaks. also size limit or not i feel that it is inhumane to let them suffocate and die for no reason

Comment

last year i kept my yak in selby bay but now i keep in in blackwalnut cove because i like it alot more. the best perch fishing is in march where i can catch over 200 over 10 inches in a day. i have heard of people catching pike back there and catfish,carp,and yellow perch but i have not caught any.

Comment

the only other launch is at the dnr building. if you are on a boat in between the south and Severn river you can see it . its a red building

Comment

Originally posted by kayak456 View Post
          the only other launch is at the dnr building. if you are on a boat in between the south and Severn river you can see it . its a red building
          The building at the mouth of Blackwalnut Cove is not the DNR. It is the headquarters for the Chesapeake Bay Foundation - a private non-governmental organization. They do have an unimproved canoe/kayak launch area, but it is intended for their own employees to use and for taking out educational groups. It is not a public launch. I have a friend who works for CBF. I asked his permission to launch one time last spring. He agreed, but wanted me to come during his lunch hour so he could join me.

Note to Southerly: The creek leading in from the bay to the open tidal pond part of Blackwalnut is twisty and shallow. Several years ago I launched in the tidal pond area and attempted to paddle out to the bay. I had to get out several times to drag the kayak over shoals. I don't think coming in from the bay entrance is very practical. So realistically, unless you can get permission to launch at CBF, the pond is accessible only to local residents.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Hey 456, sorry to hear about your reel! That really sucks, but it may not be a total loss. I recently posted about my Sodona failing. Over the weekend I stripped it down and found a few grains of sand in the gears. Also found the grease was gone due (I'm guessing) to me shooting Reel Magic into it. I carefully cleaned and degreased everything, added new grease and reassembled. Working like new again!
            LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
            X