Chased off by security forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
    That is me with the Coast Guard boat running me off. Thanks for pointing out the photo. I found on the Capital website.

The photo does not do justice to the wave conditions. Most of the Severn had lots of whitecaps. I was concerned that while I devoted my attention to talking with the Coast Guard guy that a big wave might throw me around.
    Talk about a mismatch. You might have been out-gunned but you were in good position to ram them.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
      Talk about a mismatch. You might have been out-gunned but you were in good position to ram them.
      Install a couple torqueedos on that thing and it'll run circles around the coastguard boat.
      2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
        Deep Thought

Three things popped up when I read John's report:

First, I like the Coast Guard. I was approached by the same Coast Guard vessel twice one day. They thought an idiot was in danger in 3-4' wave.

Secondly, were they (coast guards and secret agencies) armed? Would they arrest me if I was armed while fishing? Am I not the same citizen who has the same right/needs?

Thirdly,
        I thought I treat all fish equally. But I eat fish I like and release fish I don't like.

Man, I like this one - "I eat fish I like but release fish I don't like"

Joe "the greatest philosopher"

Deep Joe...Deep!
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

No kidding! I was fishing near Thomas Point in my center console. We were checked by the Coast Guard. Naturally, there was a bait knife laying on the cutting board, for bait. In a very serious way, one of the guardsmen said to me, "sir, would you step away from that knife," ...and he was armed. I just laughed at the young guy and said "whoa buddy, we are only fishing," as I stepped away from the knife. I did not need some gung-ho mistake taking place. So, no, you don't have the same rights. Of course, we got a good laugh at the incident. The two of us fishing had both been in the military and could relate to being young and reaction to the training.

As far as Maryland is concerned, unless you are hunting, going to a gun shop or shooting range, your guns should be secured at home.

I too enjoyed your "deep thought."
          Last edited by DOGFISH; 02-10-2013, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X