Fun morning on the Severn - Meet & Greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Sorry I missed the fun.

I could have used some help shoveling snow in Boston though...

Oh well, perhaps next month.
    2015 Outback
    2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Looks like a good time was had by all. Sorry I missed it but as usual I was unprepared the evening before. I need to plan better next time!!! Thanks for sharing the photos.
      Don Haller
      Chesapeake Beach, MD
      Blaze Orange, Jackson Kayak "Cuda 14"

“There can’t be good living, where there is not good drinking.”
      – Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Don,

You were too busy getting ready for brew day!
        Hobie PA 12

Comment

Originally posted by Aesiegel View Post
          Don,

You were too busy getting ready for brew day!
          Brew day was on Sunday! It's tough to carve time out for all my varied interests. I still need to get the rudder installed on my Cuda so I can get it in the water for the first time.
          Don Haller
          Chesapeake Beach, MD

– Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I hear ya. Fishing and brewing in the same weekend would not go over well at my house!

You don't need no stinking rudder! That's why you have a paddle.
            Hobie PA 12

Comment

Last fall I brought two growlers of home brew to a Meet & Greet. Had many fans of the home brew. So at least kayak fisherman appreciate good home brew.

Originally posted by Aesiegel View Post
              I hear ya. Fishing and brewing in the same weekend would not go over well at my house!

You don't need no stinking rudder! That's why you have a paddle.
              Don Haller
              Chesapeake Beach, MD

– Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hey guys, first I guess I should let you all know what happened to me. Ed, sorry I never caught up to you and I am sorry you gave up good fishing time for me to join you. I wasn't feeling well to begin with. I left alot of my stuff home and after I FINALLY got in the water, I turtled in less than 3 ft of water... LOL I was getting back in the yak for like the 4th time of going back and forth to the truck to look for something else I was missing. and got into the yak and lost my balance... I'm just grateful I did it in shallow water!!! I went back home and just sat on the sofa all day. I ended up in the ER and BWMC and admitted for something else the next day. Spent 3 days there and home on Wednesday evening. I want to redeem myself next go around. Thanks for the pics to everyone that took them of me and my battle wagon (Yak). I don't have many of them and was cool seeing them, Thanks.
                See yall next time.
                Tom Brown
                Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                2012 Hobie PA 14'
                Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

That sucks medicyaker. Hope you're feeling better now. If you haven't already, you should dig up my old thread called 'have you turtled?' and vote YES.
                  Mike S.
                  Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                  3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

We wondered what happen to you Tom. I remember seeing you stop by Jonas in the morning and you told me that you had to go to Anglers to get your fishing license. I am glad you are ok. Being in the hospital sucks. Don't worry, there will be plenty of time as the weather warms up to redeem yourself......

Comment

Thanks MOC
                      Tom Brown
                      2012 Hobie PA 14'
                      Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Tom -

I hope you are feeling better. I'm sorry you had to cut the trip short last week, but am glad you were not in any danger in the shallow water. I returned the pliers you left with me to their owner during the lunch.

Next winter we can plan a special trip to help you find your first pickerel. I have a few spots up my sleeve.
                        John Veil
                        Annapolis
                        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

LOL. I'm sure you do John... I can't wait. There are a few fish I want to scratch of my "havn't caught yet. either in size or species.
                          In ok now and thanks.
                          V
                          Tom Brown
                          2012 Hobie PA 14'
                          Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Nice pictures--and looks like a fun time. Sometime, I'd love to come to one of these events.

Best Regards,
                            Stan
                            Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Working...
                            X