• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Anna...half the lake is 70 degrees all winter

Comment

With this weather, the WWD places will be productive very soon

Comment

hmmmm so it was a double? Ducks and rock same day? If so, AWESOME.....I'm planning a hunt/fish day. I've tried before for deer/rock but have never pulled it off
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post
          People like to keep the WWDs secret so it's hard to get a lot of info about them. All the ones I know of are already mentioned in this thread.

One of my goals this winter is to kayak fish the CCNPP. I've already recon'd the place on Walleye Pete's boat a couple times. It's time to yak it. There is no nearby launch, but that's ok. The tricky part is the strong current caused by the outflow. With the right wind and bay current, you can be in for some impressive standing waves. When I go, I will likely stay on the sides of the flow and cast into it. On a boat, you can drift right down the middle of it and vertical jig, but in a kayak, ehhhh, not so sure about that. I know Ictalurus went there with Capt. Brady Bounds last year. Before I go, I'll dig up that old thread and take notes.
          Chexone, I haven't tried it yet, but I believe there is a spot to beach launch at Flag Ponds. It puts you in about a mile north of the CCNPP discharge. I'd like to try it out myself... just need to make sure I'm square with my carting skills because its a bit of hike.

There is a fee for accessing the park.
          Nov - Mar: $3 Charles County resident or non resident.
          Apr - Oct: $4 for Charles County residents, $6 for non residents.

Hours are:
          Memorial Day-Labor Day: M-F: 9am-6pm, Sat-Sun: 9am-8pm
          Labor Day - Memorial Day: Fri & Mon: 9am-4pm, Sat-Sun: 9am-5pm, Tue-Thu: closed

And if the fish aren't biting, there's good fossil hunting along the beach.
          2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
          Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Mike,

If you want some company when you go to CCNPP let me know, as it is one of my goals as well.

T.
            Terry Hill

<*)))><{ <*)))><{

<*)))><{

<*)))><{

Santa Cruz RAPTOR

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
              I was duck hunting a mile and half up the creek in the morning on private land and decided, while I'm here might as well see if I can find some Stripers.
              ........ Did you have to remove much steel shot

Comment

Buzz, thanks for the info!

Raptor, you got it.
                Mike S.
                Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
                  Chexone, I haven't tried it yet, but I believe there is a spot to beach launch at Flag Ponds. It puts you in about a mile north of the CCNPP discharge. I'd like to try it out myself... just need to make sure I'm square with my carting skills because its a bit of hike.

There is a fee for accessing the park.
                  Nov - Mar: $3 Charles County resident or non resident.
                  Apr - Oct: $4 for Charles County residents, $6 for non residents.

Hours are:
                  Memorial Day-Labor Day: M-F: 9am-6pm, Sat-Sun: 9am-8pm
                  Labor Day - Memorial Day: Fri & Mon: 9am-4pm, Sat-Sun: 9am-5pm, Tue-Thu: closed

And if the fish aren't biting, there's good fossil hunting along the beach.

Flag ponds would be a close launch. It is a fairly steep downhill hike down a gravel road to get to the beach, however. A good 10-15 minute walk with beach gear. Obviously a not so fun uphill walk back, too. So be advised. I have only hung out at the beach there.
                  Green Old Town Loon 111
                  Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Going to try the Sewer Pipe tomorrow afternoon - Monday 12/2. Post up or PM if anyone else wants to go.

I plan to leave work around noon and be on the water around 1:00 pm. Peak flood current looks like about 3:30 pm.

I've never been there and don't have a finder so I'll be trolling and poking around hoping to find something. Maybe jig the eastern bridge pilings also.

I do have a handheld GPS so if anyone has any helpful coordinates I would be very grateful if you could send them in a PM.

Thanks,

Randy.

Comment

I've fished off the cliffs from a boat in the spring and it was good. The channel is so far off of shore that we couldn't really get there reasonably without the mothership. The discharge obviously isn't out there and if nice fish are generally in the area at times, I could see this area being rather productive. I wish it wasn't so far for me.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Kokatat Pro Staff
                      Torqeedo Pro Staff
                      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                      Alan

Comment

Working...
                      X