2014 Meet and Greet at Bass Pro Shop at Arundel Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Meet and Greet at Bass Pro Shop at Arundel Mills

The January 11, 2014 Meet and Greet was a great success. Over 37 Kayakers new and old showed up for this one despite the rainy, foggy, overcast day with temperatures around 48 degrees. This meeting was hosted by SurfDog (John) with help from On the Fly (Harry) and others. Bass Pro Shop donated goodies for the bucket of lures raffle. DocIrv donated his baits to the bucket of lures and to everyone who came to the Meet and Greet. Most of the baits were given out at Dave and Busters during lunch. There were member representatives of the CBKA group (Moc, Redfish12, Jfoley, ChexOne) and the HOW local chapter (Metroman and YakerSaltLife) at this meeting. Even one of Snaggedline.com creators, Jet was there also. The class room offered by Bass Pro Shops was a full house. It provided a more quite venue to discuss and vote on the upcoming Meet and Greets for 2014 The meeting went from 12 noon to 1pm. We were able to select all of the upcoming locations and got a Host assigned for each one. For the bucket of lures raffle, Coop1486 was the big winner. He got a bounty of lures and other items. After the meeting kayak anglers met up at Dave and Busters between 1 and 1:30 pm for the traditional lunch and continued fishing discussions. Lunch lasted until 3:45pm. It was a good time, thanks to everyone who participated. Here is a list of those who signed in today:

SurfDog
    MOC
    Chexone
    Coop1486
    Dson05
    Mark
    On the fly
    Jfoley
    Bgriff
    J.A.Veil
    Russ498
    Magothyman
    Sparky1423
    Kevinfry
    Kitkatyaker
    Medicyaker
    Redfish12
    Rockchaser
    Buzz
    Whenican
    Echo5oscar
    Memory Maker
    Monocacykayak
    Wschrack
    Goody
    Mustafa
    DaddyG (at D&B 3:30pm)
    MD Dore
    Capt C-Hawk
    Buzzy.I.Am
    Jet
    DocIrv
    Kuljc
    Whisky
    JFoley
    Raptor
    Metroman
    Bignose
    YakerSaltLife

The Meet & Greet for 2014 which occurs on the 2nd Saturday of each month is as follows:
    FEB - Susquehanna for Yellow Perch - Hosted by Sparky
    MAR - BellHaven on the Potomac for Blue Cats - Hosted by Rockchaser
    April - Bell Grove Ponds - Hosted by Medicyaker
    May - Upper Potomac for Small Mouth Bass - Hosted by Monocaykayak
    June - Rumbly for Stripers, Flounder and Speckle Trout - Slobber Bob
    July - Lowes Wharf Stripers, Reds, Croaker, Spots, Perch, Speckle Trout - Hosted by Coop1486
    Aug - Dennis Point Marina in St. Mary's County for Cats, Rockfish and Reds - Hosted by Kevin Fry
    Sep - CBKA Tournament - Hosted by MOC and the CBKA Staff
    Oct - South River for Stripers - Hosted by Dogfish
    Nov - Beverly Trion Park for Stripers - Hosted by SurfDog
    Dec - Severn River for Stripers and Pickerel - Host by John Veil
    Attached Files
    Last edited by moc; 01-14-2014, 08:53 AM.

I'm excited about St Mary's River MG in August!! I'll make sure it's a good time.
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Cool, Rumbley was picked for June, looking forward to it already! I know it is a little bit of a trip for those on the Western Shore but the place is awesome. Quintessential Eastern Shore... beautiful scenery, undeveloped, quiet, and the specks were BIG last year!
      Brian

Comment

Great time today, nice meeting you cats! Special thanks to our host and DocIrv for his samples! See you on the water!
        Jackson Cuda Black Widow

Comment

Looks like a good turn out for the M&G.
          Jim

Hobie Outback
          TKAA member
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Twas great meeting everyone. I look forward to fishing w/as many of you as possible this year & to try out some
            different locations & to test out DocIrv's baits.

Comment

Was a great meeting ,and some good locations chosen ,we look forward to hosting the upper Potomac trip .
              Also next weekend is the MSSA expo at the Frederick fairgrounds .There will be all of JK fishing kayaks displayed and I believe native water craft will be there also . Look forward to seeing some of you guys. MSSA really wants to get a kayak presence, next year they would like a lecture about kayak fishing the bay.
              Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
              Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

Good time. Great turnout. Great meeting faces new and familiar. Thanks to John & Harry for organizing. Special thanks to Doc Irv for sharing some of his creations. Looking forward to a couple of these outings and a big turnout for the CBKA tourny.

Comment

It was nice finally getting to meet folks and be able to put faces on screen names.
                  Looking forward to seeing you all in March at the flea market.
                  Bring lots of money as I will have a lot of good stuff on sale.

BTW, it's Bignose not Bighose. lol.
                  I only wish………...

Comment

Originally posted by bignose View Post
                    It was nice finally getting to meet folks and be able to put faces on screen names.
                    Looking forward to seeing you all in March at the flea market.
                    Bring lots of money as I will have a lot of good stuff on sale.

BTW, it's Bignose not Bighose. lol.
                    I only wish………...
                    I saw that Bro....I thought MOC knew something the rest of us didn't!
                    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

John and Harry did a great job as usual .......... That meeting room before lunch is a winner .......... Surf dog didn't have to try to yell over the noise to get the voting done ..... Great Job guys !!!!!!!!

Great seeing old friends and meeting new ones ..........

Comment

I attended the M&G which was my first one.I was luck enough to win the drawing and the whole time i was there i was fumbling in my pocket for my card.I had just found the card when surfdog called it.There where some good stuff in that box and even got one of Sparkys hand tied rigs that i really like.
                        2012 hobie outback
                        2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

ah, I forgot about this M&G. Oh well, I'll see you guys in Feb for YP. Looks like a good lineup this year, a couple of new spots. I'll see you all around.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Kokatat Pro Staff
                          Torqeedo Pro Staff
                          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by coop1486 View Post
                            I attended the M&G which was my first one.I was luck enough to win the drawing and the whole time i was there i was fumbling in my pocket for my card.I had just found the card when surfdog called it.There where some good stuff in that box and even got one of Sparkys hand tied rigs that i really like.
                            I guess JA Veil let someone else win something this year!
                            For those that don't know, he won the raffle last year as well as the DNR grand prize. 2013 was the year of Veil.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                            Kokatat Pro Staff
                            Torqeedo Pro Staff
                            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
                              I saw that Bro....I thought MOC knew something the rest of us didn't!
                              LOL...that was too funny. Too bad it was more like I had trouble reading the handwritings. I wondered about that... thanks for the correction.

Comment

Working...
                              X