No announcement yet.

2014 Meet and Greet at Bass Pro Shop at Arundel Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going on at Belle Grove in April...carp and bass?

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by monocacykayak View Post
      Also next weekend is the MSSA expo at the Frederick fairgrounds .There will be all of JK fishing kayaks displayed and I believe native water craft will be there also.
      In Chris Dollar's outdoors column in today's Capital paper, he noted that he will have a booth at the Frederick MSSA event next weekend and will bring a Native Slayer Propel. Chris is a kayak fishing guide and a Native dealer, among his other pursuits.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
        What's going on at Belle Grove in April...carp and bass?
        Belle Grove is connected to the Patapsco River and is tidal freshwater, to slightly brackish.
        The ponds are a couple of hundred yards up river from the launch, but the river is fairly shallow and the current is not significant. (Unless it rains heavily).
        The ponds carry Large and Smallmouth Bass, Crappies, Pickerel. White and Yellow Perch, Sunfish, Carp and Catfish, Stripers, and a very few Hickory Shad run up the river, at least until they hit Blodes Dam. Trout are stocked upstream, but it is very unlikely that any would wash down that far.
        There is a good bit of fallen timber around the river side edge of the largest, "middle" pond.
        There is a mass of broken concrete in the "little" pond behind the VFW. This pond is surprisingly deep.

Woody used to fish here a lot in the Spring, and knocked the hell out of perch and crappie with a slip bobber and tiny dart, but I have never done very well.
        Last edited by bignose; 01-12-2014, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bignose View Post
          Belle Grove is connected to the Patapsco River and is tidal freshwater, to slightly brackish.
          The ponds are a couple of hundred yards up river from the launch, but the river is fairly shallow and the current is not significant. (Unless it rains heavily).
          The ponds carry Large and Smallmouth Bass, Crappies, Pickerel. White and Yellow Perch, Sunfish, Carp and Catfish, Stripers, and a very few Hickory Shad run up the river, at least until they hit Blodes Dam. Trout are stocked upstream, but it is very unlikely that any would wash down that far.
          There is a good bit of fallen timber around the river side edge of the largest pond.
          Thanks. I drive down 895 every day but never fished those ponds.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

Nice job, guys! Looks like a great year on the horizon

Comment

It was nice meeting everyone on Saturday. Looking forward to joining y'all on the water this year. Thanks to Doc Irv for the sample baits.
              Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

Yes turned out much better in the classroom this year. A big thanks to Harry and bass pro for letting us use the classroom and everyone who came out on a very nasty day.

Looking forward to Rumbly also, pretty nice place to fish as long as the winds not blowing.

Hey Tom u left out the brown trout and Baltimore white fish from Belle Grove

Comment

I know I showed up late, but I wanted to send a note out to everyone letting them know a face to a name. As Metroman said, I am one of the Heroes on the Water Maryland Coordinators. We really look forward to getting to know each one of you more this coming year. We are looking forward to having anyone who is willing to come out and volunteer as guides do so. Your help is what is going to keep us alive as a chapter, and lets be honset, you still get to fish, so whats to loose? I wasn't able to talk to everyone, but we will be at some of the flea markets around the area in the next coming months, as well as the Fishing Classic at Bass Pro. We will be selling shirts that go to support each event we have as a chapter, so if you would like, pick up a shirt as well. We would like all of you to follow us on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/#!/HeroesOn...arylandChapter), as that is where most of our information will be posted. It also gets the word out to other family and friends to see the organization, so that we might be able to find that one person that needs our help. Any questions please direct them to us at maryland@heroesonthewater.org.

Thanks again guys/gals.

Keith
                  Keith
                  2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

I dont want to throw a wrench in your plans for Meet and Greets, but the one you have listed for April is the same day as the Susquehana Flats Famboree. I'm only stating this because from what I have heard, Bob Miller puts on a really nice event and the prizes are well worth it. Just my .02.
                    Keith
                    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

A few friends and myself from Fredericksburg VA would love to make some M&Gs this year but could use a little more info on dates and put ins for March, April and June.

Thanks
                      Mark

Comment

Unless there is some type of conflict, the M&Gs are generally on the second Saturday of the month.

Comment

The Meet & Greet for 2014 which occurs on the 2nd Saturday of each month is as follows:
                          FEB - Susquehanna for Yellow Perch - Hosted by Sparky
                          MAR - BellHaven on the Potomac for Blue Cats - Hosted by Rockchaser
                          April - Bell Grove Ponds - Hosted by Medicyaker
                          May - Upper Potomac for Small Mouth Bass - Hosted by Monocaykayak
                          June - Rumbly for Stripers, Flounder and Speckle Trout - Slobber Bob
                          July - Lowes Wharf Stripers, Reds, Croaker, Spots, Perch, Speckle Trout - Hosted by Coop1486
                          Aug - Dennis Point Marina in St. Mary's County for Cats, Rockfish and Reds - Hosted by Kevin Fry
                          Sep - CBKA Tournament - Hosted by MOC and the CBKA Staff
                          Oct - South River for Stripers - Hosted by Dogfish
                          Nov - Beverly Trion Park for Stripers - Hosted by SurfDog
                          Dec - Severn River for Stripers and Pickerel - Host by John Veil
                          Jim

Hobie Outback
                          TKAA member
                          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Thanks DOGFISH, I will mark them on the calendar!

Rockchaser, can you let me know were we will be putting in and FOW at Bellhaven?
                            Thanks all your help.

Mark

Comment

are all the meetings at BPS ?

Comment

Dang Jeff...that is quite the navy you have there.....complete with aircraft carrier (the Big game)
                                14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                                2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
                                X