No announcement yet.

Fly Fishing the Middle Patuxent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fished 3 different stretches of the middle Patuxent on Sunday. The water was crystal clear and my friend and I did not see or catch a single trout. Anyone know where they went, or maybe we were in the wrong place but on the DNR stocking map it looks like they stock between route 29 and murray hill road which is where we were. Any thoughts?
    Jackson
    Jackson Cuda 12
    Field and Stream SOT
    "It is often beyond our reach to describe to others the effect upon the soul that the fellowship of men upon a river, rod in hand, brings." John Eldredge

Comment

That stretch is tricky. I have only caught a few trout from there. Most reports I hear are similar, but those that know the waters seem to catch consistently. Thanks for sharing the report!

Shady, did you make it to the section by Frederick Rd?

Comment

Its alot easier to spook trout in smaller parts of the streams. Last time i fished middle patuxent was in december off cedar ln and i hooked alot of fall fish and one rainbow. According to dnr they dont stock that part of the river. Like always fish move but you really got to sneak around there to catch fish.
        Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
        -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
        -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Way too many fallfish in the Howard County sections of the Patuxent near me.

Comment

I fish the northern Pax sections up in Montgomery county once in a while. The sections above Triadelphia. That's catch and realse up there and it is tough fishing. I agree that in water that small stealth is critical.
            Hurricane Skimmer 128
            WS Pamlico 100

Comment

I dont mind the fall fish, lets you know the water is half decently clean. Otherwise they wouldnt make it
              Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
              -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
              -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

There are some SMB in the section from Eden Brook down. Got this from a guy that fishes this stretch quite a bit and I was surprised to here SMB were in there. I have not fished this area only helped stock it, the 20th of last month we put 500 Rainbows in it over a 2 mile section from Eden Brook down stream. Rt# 32 to exit 15, at the end of the ramp turn left and follow to the "Gate" across the road, park and walk to the river. Good Luck!

Comment

There are some SMB in the section from Eden Brook down,got this from a fellow stocker that fishes this area quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                  X