No announcement yet.

May meet and greet Upper potomac river

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should be able to shuttle 1 or possibly two kayaks if needed.

Comment

If someone wants to fish in a Jackson kayak a cuda,big rig, big tuna or coosa please tell me and I will be able to arrange for you to fish in our boats there are one of each available . I will have it for you the morning on Saturday . Please PM me if interested. Rich
      Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
      Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

Im in depending on weather conditions just for Saturday. Can someone give me gps or address for launch site as well as time for launch
        Tom Brown
        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

I am in for fishing definitely, might have to get home to the wife or dogs after so maybe for BBQ. Thanks for hosting Rich and it was nice meeting you at the flats jamboree.

Billy
          Ocean Kayak Yellow 13

Comment

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
            Im in depending on weather conditions just for Saturday. Can someone give me gps or address for launch site as well as time for launch
            40 Canal Towpath East, Brunswick, MD 21716

From MD-17 (Burkittsville Road) heading south. At the traffic circle take the 2nd exit and
            stay on MD-17 (Burkittsville Road). Right at S. Maple Street. Cross 2 sets of tracks.
            Take Right cross C&O Canal Tow path, go under the bridge.
            2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Crap, Its my Daughter's Prom, I can't stay out late, so I can't make the BBQ or camp.
              "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Berto thanks you beat me to it with the address ,I will send more details when I get a chance . I am worried this weeks weather may mess the river up again.

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
                  Crap, Its my Daughter's Prom, I can't stay out late, so I can't make the BBQ or camp.
                  And you were busting my balls about this past weekend !

Comment

I am a strong Maybe for both fishing and BBQ. Just curious up that way does it get shallow where a Hobie Outback will have clearance problems with the Mirage Drive?

Comment

Originally posted by gkreps View Post
                      My youngest going to Prom this year. I know how you feel. Empty nest next fall.
                      Hurricane Skimmer 128
                      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

What happened to your post saying " she is goin to stay out late" that was perfect for Rob ��������

Comment

I don't expect it to be summer shallow ,especially with the predicted amounts of rain for this week. I just hope it is fishable and safe.
                          The drive could have some problems .It is a float trip so you can just raise it up and paddle.

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
                            Just curious up that way does it get shallow where a Hobie Outback will have clearance problems with the Mirage Drive?
                            Originally posted by monocacykayak View Post
                            I don't expect it to be summer shallow ,especially with the predicted amounts of rain for this week. I just hope it is fishable and safe.
                            The drive could have some problems .It is a float trip so you can just raise it up and paddle.
                            Its hard to say right now. Harper's Ferry (just upstream from Brunswick) is posting a stage of 4.38 feet. While down at the take-out, Point of Rocks, they're showing a level of 3.7 feet... but they are forecasting for up to 18 feet by Friday.

Harper's Ferry stage gage - http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydro...lwx&gage=HFEW2
                            Point of Rocks stage gage - http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydro...lwx&gage=porm2

Just have to hope for the best and check these links this time next week.
                            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by gkreps View Post
                              The difference is, I can go! I just can't stay all day and night.

I have to be there to take pictures as Trish can't figure out getting that green box on the camera display to focus the camera "before" snapping the pictures! So if I don't take them, many times, many of the pictures don't work out.

Besides, I enjoy busting your balls, you get so defensive!
                              "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

This sounds like great fun. Count me in!
                                Mike S.
                                Hobie Outback
                                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                                3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
                                X