No announcement yet.

May meet and greet Upper potomac river

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm predicting it will be fishable by Saturday. The forecast is 5 foot by Tuesday, but the weekday weather outlook is dry and the temperature supposed to go into 80's Thursday and Friday. I don;t think you should call it one way or another until Thursday.
    Hurricane Skimmer 128
    WS Pamlico 100

Comment

I was waiting to see also going to check today .
      Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
      Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

Looking good

2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Camping a bbq sounds good. Hopefully rivers stays on track to be back to normal sooner!

Comment

Ok so fingers crossed... Does anyone know a place to pick up crayfish around the launch point or anywhere in the Gaithersburg area of MD?
            Ocean Kayak Yellow 13

Comment

I can get some from a stream by my house. How many you looking for

Comment

I was going to turn over some rocks by house too! Thank you so much for your offer but I don't want to create more work for you. I grew up fishing for small mouth in PA and upstate NY with crayfish so I thought I would try to find a supplier down here. Plus I am sure there are laws about carrying them from one body of water to another.

I will hopefully see you up there moken!
                Ocean Kayak Yellow 13

Comment

Are we still allowed to use crayfish?

I haven't been up that way in a few years. Heard back then DNR banned the use of crayfish due to some invasive species.

Comment

If the plan is to have the event this Saturday I am confirmed yes for fishing/bbq. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Dao

Comment

Good point, I had no idea until I looked it up: http://www.eregulations.com/maryland...g-regulations/

It seems like you can use them if you remove the head behind the eyes. Looks like I will just stay away from them. Thanks for the heads up.
                      Ocean Kayak Yellow 13

Comment

Originally posted by wschrack View Post
                        Good point, I had no idea until I looked it up: http://www.eregulations.com/maryland...g-regulations/

It seems like you can use them if you remove the head behind the eyes. Looks like I will just stay away from them. Thanks for the heads up.
                        Wow. Hadn't seen this!

I see what you mean. Not much point in using them if you have to remove the head. I'm surprised they just can't tell us how to identify the bad crayfish.

Comment

Weather report looks good , we will decide on Thursday and confirm for sure .Going to check the river tonight. I will make a list of posible attendees tonight.

Comment

As far as what the river guides have said, fish have been caught on tubes green or white fished slowly on the bottom.

Comment

Rich, fishing and the BBQ's looking good for me if it still happens this weekend. I'd really like to get up on Friday and camp but will not know about that till Thursday. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              -Dan Goddard, 2014 desert camo Jackson Big Rig

Comment

I don;t think there's a big need for crayfish. If they are interested in crayfish, they will nail a tube, or a soft plastic craw. My favorites are the Baby Paca Craws, and the Baby Rage tail craws. I pretty much have switched from tubes to those since last year.
                                Hurricane Skimmer 128
                                WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Working...
                                X