June Meet & Greet - Rumbley, MD - June 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biggrizzly View Post
    I'm still only 4 weeks out from major knee surgery and presently am not mobile enough. Hopefully in two weeks I'll be doing better and the incision will be completely healed. If I make it, I'll be doing lunch too.
    Hope you can make it, but don't push your recovery back by trying to make the M&G before your ready!
    Brian

Comment

I wanted to reserve a camp site at Janes island but requires a 2 night stay. Does anybody want to split a site? They say the max is 6 people. Weirdos also point out no open containers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
      PigPen - Mt Airy
      Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

I might be interested my nephew and I are coming down Friday evening for one night what's the cost of the site
        D Hawk
        Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
        Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

$22 + a plus a $5 fee. Sorry I should that this is the daily rate.

Last edited by PigPen; 06-07-2014, 05:00 PM.
          PigPen - Mt Airy
          Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Sounds like a great time... I'm new to kayaking but I am hooked... Maybe should post in "delaware" forum since it is an hour from Georgetown where I am from.....may get some more interest... Count me in!!
            Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

I will be fishing and camping in Va. for a couple of weeks, so I don't think I will make it. However, I did a little recon for everyone at Rumbley this morning. Lot's of grass, there is no such thing as weedless in this stuff, but be prepared for it in case conditions don't change this week. Lot's of rays, so the Chesapeake sleigh ride is a definite possibility. I only managed a couple of "dinks" so I am attaching a pic in case you want to see what you have waiting for you (yes, she was full of roe, thus I released her.

Rumbley Dink.jpg

Comment

so Im off work and will be there with my nephew to fish and lunch
                D Hawk
                Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
                Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Originally posted by Hemingway View Post
                  I will be fishing and camping in Va. for a couple of weeks, so I don't think I will make it. However, I did a little recon for everyone at Rumbley this morning. Lot's of grass, there is no such thing as weedless in this stuff, but be prepared for it in case conditions don't change this week. Lot's of rays, so the Chesapeake sleigh ride is a definite possibility. I only managed a couple of "dinks" so I am attaching a pic in case you want to see what you have waiting for you (yes, she was full of roe, thus I released her.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12100[/ATTACH]
                  Awesome! Thanks for the report and sorry you want be able to make it this weekend. I almost headed over there Saturday morning too but I fished late into Friday night, and had plans Saturday afternoon, so I didn't think it was worth the time... Trying for Tues or Wed after work though if your around.

Was the grass the floating? There's already a lot of submerged stuff but I wasn't having much issue with it last two times out. The floating eel grass drifting in the wind/current can be a pain at times though.
                  Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
                    Awesome! Thanks for the report and sorry you want be able to make it this weekend. I almost headed over there Saturday morning too but I fished late into Friday night, and had plans Saturday afternoon, so I didn't think it was worth the time... Trying for Tues or Wed after work though if your around.

Was the grass the floating? There's already a lot of submerged stuff but I wasn't having much issue with it last two times out. The floating eel grass drifting in the wind/current can be a pain at times though.
                    Yeah, I was looking for you. Nice to get a citation on only my second speckled of the year The eel grass was floating everywhere. Loose singles and I even saw some mats of it that rivaled my usual golf divots in size lol

Comment

Lots of Grass = blue crabs! Might bring a pot or two!
                      Ocean Kayak Yellow 13

Comment

The grass from the Commercial Scrapper was too much for me Saturday night and Sunday morning. Made it almost impossible to fish

Comment

Originally posted by hale3333 View Post
                          The grass from the Commercial Scrapper was too much for me Saturday night and Sunday morning. Made it almost impossible to fish
                          Not good to hear with our fleet preparing to invade the area on Saturday morning. I guess the upcoming full moon has them scrapping overtime? I plan on heading over there after work tomorrow to fish, and I guess I'll find out for myself, but were any areas worse than others?

There were a couple times last year it was tough to fish because of the scrapped up grass mats floating around but I was still able to find specks. I just had to cast more than troll. Let's hope for an east or north wind to blow it all out into the bay and away from land!
                          Brian

Comment

Does that mean I should be tying up some grass shrimp on the old bench. Do you guys use any wire leaders for the toothy fish?

Last edited by PigPen; 06-10-2014, 08:54 PM.
                            PigPen - Mt Airy
                            Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Is this meet and greet open to anyone? If so there will be 2 new kayak fishing fishing converts coming from Baltimore. Count 2 more for lunch!
                              Terry Frank
                              Gunpowder River
                              Hobie Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by PigPen View Post
                                Does that mean I should be tying up some grass shrimp on the old bench. Do you guys use any wire leaders for the toothy fish?
                                Wire isn't necessary. The area doesn't have a lot of blues this time of year and a mono leader is all that is needed for specks. I tie a 15 lb mono leader direct to braid.

Originally posted by milfoil View Post
                                Is this meet and greet open to anyone? If so there will be 2 new kayak fishing fishing converts coming from Baltimore. Count 2 more for lunch!
                                Open to all and welcome aboard!

I'll give a final update Thursday or Friday morning with any last minute details.
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X