No announcement yet.

June Meet & Greet - Rumbley, MD - June 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great time fishing with good people. Should have stayed for the afternoon paddle. I was too pooped to paddle though. The Hideaway had a good crabcake and cold beer, doesn't get better than that. Looking forward to the next M&G. Real nice to have met everyone and thanks to Brian for introducing me to that area of the bay. Lessons learned- do not forget your cart and get some shut eye the night before.

Comment

I saw the white caps on the water and my back said no way! So I went over to Deale isl to check out other ramps and champs wharf was real nice also at the bottom of Deals isl. is a nice place to launch from. I'm glad I gave my back a break maybe another week and I'll be able to get some movement back.

Comment

A little windy, but it sounds like you all had a good trip. Nice spec Bob.

Originally posted by moc View Post
        I also recued a turtle. A water turtle bit Kikatyaker's hook when she was bottom fishing and the hook went through the turtle's lower jaw. I asked Kitkat for some pliers and one with a cutting edge. I was able to snip off the barb of the hook and gently back out the hook from the turtle's lower jaw. He was now free and went back into the water.
        Great save Moc! That looks like a Diamondback Terrapin. I raised a couple of them many years ago in an indoor pond I built for them. It now holds a Vietnamese Leaf Turtle.

turtle.jpg
        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
          A little windy, but it sounds like you all had a good trip. Nice spec Bob.

Great save Moc! That looks like a Diamondback Terrapin. I raised a couple of them many years ago in an indoor pond I built for them. It now holds a Vietnamese Leaf Turtle.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12229[/ATTACH]
          Yeah, I have a soft spot for Turtles. I use to have an 8x8 Turtle Pen in my backyard with Box Turtles up until last year. I had them for 10 years, but nature sent them to turtle heaven last year. So I could not let the Diamond back turtle suffer with the hook. As for the wind...it was a lot of wind with 2 foot waves at Rumbley, but much calmer at the afternoon launch spot.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]12229[/ATTACH]

lmfao!!!
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

A little late to the party!

Brian, thanks for setting this up! Great spot to fish, although the conditions were tough. The afternoon launch was awesome as well. We spooked quite a few uncooperative Specks in a couple coves. Have to make that trip after a few calm days….

Comment

Working...
              X