No announcement yet.

LaFarge quarry/pond Rt 136/James Run Rd. Bel Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Im not mistaken, don't I see a red kayak in the google image?
    Jason

Comment

Originally posted by longislandtomd View Post
      Sure looks like one
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by longislandtomd View Post
        Dang...I must have opened that link 10 times or more and never noticed the red kayak. The access point I was focusing in on was along James Run Road located at the south end of the lake. Looks like at the road-side parking area and path to the lake there is a white 6" PVC pipe that goes to the lake, most likely used by fire trucks to pump water... so don't block that white pipe when parking.
        Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

So what's the deal about the clown?
          I feel like I'm missing some information.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
            So what's the deal about the clown?
            I feel like I'm missing some information.
            ...not to mention that intriguing Harry Potter-esk Hogwarts building behind the clown.
            Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

It's a good place to fish . I take my yak in there a lot

Comment

Originally posted by adamram23 View Post
                It's a good place to fish . I take my yak in there a lot
                No issues or harassment? Whats the main catch?
                Jason

Comment

No the only issue is the area where u have to put ur kayak in, it's a steep hill bout 30 ft but if u take ur time it can be done .. and mostly largemouth but have seen crappie and smallies pulled out

Comment

I don't know about state wide but Trespassing in Anne Arundel is $500.00. Be sure before you go!

Comment

It's a great place but you almost have to have either a kayak or canoe to hit all the good spots

Comment

I used to fish all the Lafarge ponds in White Marsh. In the beginning they didn't mind but after a while they started to kick me out. That was before Lefarge bought the property though.

Comment

Hey. New here but figured I would chime in.

I have fished it a good bit. Also know a few guys who fish it regularly. I have never had anything said to me. Nor has anyone I know had anything said to them. Every time I go up there, there are usually 1 or 2 other people fishing, as well a slew of younger people swimming, sometimes directly in the quarry, sometimes in a smaller spot on the opposite side of the road. Couple times I have seen them drinking. ( I am assuming they are over 21). First time I went up there, there were a bunch of kids swimming, they saw me, asked me if I was going fishing. To which I said yes, and they actually said, "alright we will go on the other side so we don't interfere with you". Which was pretty cool. It seems like its widely accepted to swim and fish in it, but people don't want to cause any problems, so they are somewhat respectable. I do see lots of trash laying around, which is a shame, and try and pick most of it up before I leave.

It is very deep, and I mean very deep. Best bet is fishing the rock ledges, and the spots where the stream flows into the quarry. I usually just park my yak there, and pull out fish after fish. Nothing of any size though, typically 1-2 lbs. Makes for a fun time with a light action rod. Throw a small tube or senko on, and your good to go. Guy I work with has said he has caught big crappie and larger bass, but I haven't seen any. Good luck if you go!

Comment

Working...
                          X