Rt. 50 Bridge/Assateague Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rt. 50 Bridge/Assateague Report

Searched for pups yesterday on the flats behind Assateague. No luck, just large nasty hound fish. Still early. Switched gears to flounder. I didn't have any live bait, so I drifted white Gulp! on a carolina rig. Caught 4 or 5 flounder. One was 23 inches. He later flopped himself to freedom when he went nuts inside the cooler, knocking the the lid open, and flinging his fat arse back in the water. Whatever, I don't even like flounder samitches (Sorry, no pic because I didn't want to risk losing him. Insert irony)

Picked up at the top of the flood and went to the Rt. 50 bridge. It was an outgoing tide and decent current. Caught a ton of 18-25 inch stripers. No weakies, no blues, or shad, but still a fish about every 3-4 casts. Called it a night around 10:00.

Got pulled over on the way home. The cop liked fishing and hooked me up with a warning. That kinda makes up for the acrobatic flounder.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Thanks for the report. I'm heading to Frontier Town in two days with the family and the yak. Last year was nothing but 12" flounder. Maybe water conditions and temps will be better. Last year the water temp was 62 degrees. This year it looks a bit warmer.
    Chris

Pompano 120
    Pescador 10

Comment

Thanks for the report. Always a good trip when you get off with a warning.... maybe I should keep a few spare rods in the front seat at all times

Comment

Good info. Ill be out that way in a month on vacation. Hope to hit the back bay for some flounder as well
        Tan-Tarpon 140
        Lime-Pelican Matrix
        Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

got caught, and got away free. got caught, and got away free. good feeling

Comment

Originally posted by Southerly View Post
            That does sort of sound like karma, doesn't it?
            LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by Southerly View Post
              Southerly, thanks for the perspective. That removed the last bit of sting that was there when I pictured him swimming away. Haha.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
              Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
              2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
              X