Bay Bridge Friday 7/18 SPSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge Friday 7/18 SPSP

Anybody interested in going out in the morning finding some spot then doing some live-lining? Weather/Wind looks good so far - fingers crossed.

I'm gonna try to go Friday morning but won't know definite until Thursday.

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

I'm planning on it. Would be nice to go with some folks that have experience there. I tried it a few weeks ago and caught a solid skunk.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

I might get a couple hours in before work weather permitting
        D Hawk
        Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
        Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

I was thinking about it too. I'm off on Friday. I'll probably fish but not sure where. I'd likely troll and jig, not so much live line though.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

I'm probably on the trolling jigging side my self
            D Hawk
            Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
            Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
              I was thinking about it too. I'm off on Friday. I'll probably fish but not sure where. I'd likely troll and jig, not so much live line though.
              Alan - if we bring a copy of receipt from your book can you show us a few tips? :-)

Comment

I'm there.
                Last edited by groundhog; 07-16-2014, 01:07 PM.

Comment

hmmmmm... I've been wanting to try the Bay bridge.
                  Now with half a dozen SL members heading that way and the promise of good weather Friday may be the day!

Got permission from the missus... now if I can just get this fire put out before COB Thrusday I'll be there.
                  2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                  Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
                    Anybody interested in going out in the morning finding some spot then doing some live-lining? Weather/Wind looks good so far - fingers crossed.
                    We are probably going. Will be on the east side.
                    Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
                    Predator 13

Comment

What tide prediction is best for the bridge? Do you go off of the Annapolis/Naval Academy? Also, what part of the tide is best, incoming high, outgoing low?

Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
                        Alan - if we bring a copy of receipt from your book can you show us a few tips? :-)
                        Ahaha....no doubt. If you see me out there. Free tips galore. It's my birthday this weekend so the family may come into town to visit. However, they don't really keep me in the loop assuming I just stay at my house waiting for people to arrive. As a result, I'm not 100% sure what my plans will be, but I'd love to get out.

I'll give you one tip right now, deeper diving lures will be your best bet.....something 10-20', closer to 20' if you can get them. They're pricey though.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Kokatat Pro Staff
                        Torqeedo Pro Staff
                        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                        Alan

Comment

http://tbone.biol.sc.edu/tide/tideshow.cgi?site=Sandy+Point%2C+Maryland&units=f

https://www.google.com/maps/place/39...!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Sorry can't help with what is better for when to fish...

Comment

Originally posted by Maryland Weekly Fishing Report Overview | July 16, 2014
                            The Bay Bridge continues to be a good place to look for Striped Bass holding near the bases of the piers. Drifting live Spot back to the piers has been productive and chumming has also been producing some action. Jigging soft plastics is often a good option to try when passing by the bridge but the recent arrival of Bluefish in the region has some fishermen switching to metal.

http://dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/fishingreport/
                            I'll be there. Loading up tonight.
                            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                              What tide prediction is best for the bridge? Do you go off of the Annapolis/Naval Academy? Also, what part of the tide is best, incoming high, outgoing low?
                              I use this: http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/get...=230&footnote=

But the bay bridge area has some very strange currents sometimes, that don't always correspond to the tables.

I have had more luck on strong outgoing currents. Piling 16 of the southern span (western side) was good to me last year. The fish were suspended. 42 (i believe), on the eastern side, sits on a drop-off and is many people's go-to piling. The rockpiles sometimes hold fish too. Last year I was catching large perch and keeper stripers on the south side of the eastern rockpile, in about 15 fow right around this time of year.
                              Mike S.
                              Hobie Outback
                              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
                              X