No announcement yet.

CBBT (Togless) Fri/Sat 11-12 Dec 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been thinking about buying a hobie pro. I may keep my native but I want a yak with a peddle drive.

Comment

I went out yesterday looking for Striper Tufnik... It was DEAD!!! I saw a few boaters around the island and close to it. A couple said they had shorts but mostly a lot of toadfish. I wanted to try for Tog, but I want to setup a wreck anchor system first just so I don't get frustrated if I find myself getting pushed around too much.

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
        I went out yesterday looking for Striper Tufnik... It was DEAD!!! I saw a few boaters around the island and close to it. A couple said they had shorts but mostly a lot of toadfish. I wanted to try for Tog, but I want to setup a wreck anchor system first just so I don't get frustrated if I find myself getting pushed around too much.
        Ocean east has some nice yak wreck anchors for like $10 . Works great.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
          Saw a couple of trolling boats as well as many casting anglers on anchored/moored boats; nobody pulled up fish. I had only a few marks on the FF all day. I usually hear a lot of beeps, but both days were unusually quiet.

You don't really need an anchor there. In fact, I've never used an anchor or moored on the piling during my four years of yak fishing there. I fish close to the piling when there's pretty good current. If it's really rippin', it gets tough but still doable.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

minitruckin2011,
            I picked a couple up but from looking at Kayak Kevin's site I got the piling hugger (the 6 oz one) but I want the 24 oz one. Next time I'm down by that way I'm gonna see if I can swap them out.

Tufnik,
            I don't doubt that it's "doable", but I want comfort. LOL! I honestly want it just as a backup in case I find it too troublesome to stay on the pilings. My yak is wide and it doesn't take much for it to catch current and I get pushed off my spot. Plus I could use it to explore the island more too. Sunday I don't doubt that I could have stayed on them, but the winds and current were really low. Not your avg day at the CBBT! LOL

Comment

Its definitely worth buying one

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X