Bull Reds Around CBBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's redfish time.

http://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-f...-Good-Drum-Day!
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Guess were going to have to give this another shot! maybe this weekend I dunno. I dont understand that Jetski setup though. After buying the ski and rigging it out with all that custom aluminum work they coulda easily bought a small whaler or something for the same $$$$$.
      -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
      -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Ya those jetskiis are interesting! but hey they are catching fish so can't knock that. I think we are going to have to make another trip soon. I will get our coordinator Doug to begin what he does, plan like a mad man. You have any luck fishing this weekend Tyler?

Comment

Fish the sea side for Red Drum, then move down to the Cabbage Patch (C-10 buoy) for massive Black Drum-
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

No luck this weekend from the surf....I ended up gettin too drunk to fish effectively LMAO Actually lost my $45 PLine pliers in the waves....I called it quits after that.
            -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
            -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

It's go time

As of now and weather (wind) permitting jkrahl and I will be launching at 7:00 AM Friday. We are fishing all day, staying at Kipto and fishing all day Saturday. Still a few things to plan, but we would like more people to come if they can make it. Time to get the MD crew on the map with these bulls in VA!!! Still need to check into bait, tides, current, but I looked last week and the current looked decent. Plenty of time at work to get all the other details ironed out.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
              Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
              2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

nothing wrong with a whaler!

but jetskis are pretty much ultimate in surf and rough conditions. they use jetskis to get surfer in/out of the biggest surf in the world. good handling, flotation, and raw power.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEXz1KiXHJ0&feature=related"]Jet Skiing Waves Oceanside - YouTube[/ame]

crossing bay, going offshore, easy trailering/storage, mpg,.. a lot going for them really.

ps - gotta love the fishing report slipped in - "No luck this weekend from the surf....I ended up gettin too drunk to fish effectively".
                Last edited by Southerly; 04-23-2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Kayak Ferry Service

If I can take some of that deadwater, long distance paddling off you in the Tangier Sound, Kedges Straits, Middle Grounds area, give me a call (301)904-0471

Comment

I want to setup a Cobia trip later in May/early June, Captain- there are a couple of lower Bay spots that have historically held these excellent fighting, super-tasty fish...late May they make their way into the Bay- I used to fish off Buckroe/Grandview and Bluefish Rocks/Back River for these giant inshore fish, but up off Maryland there were a couple of locations where they were consistently caught, too. Not too far from PLO but way too much for a kayaker-
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

A lot of successful tidal fish reports went up this AM. It's got my blood flowing.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                      Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
                        A lot of successful tidal fish reports went up this AM. It's got my blood flowing.
                        You are not alone. Catching a big red from kayak is my number one fishing goal this year. I may try a trip to fishermans island May 18-20.
                        Keith Romanowski
                        Red Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                        X