Kiptoskunk 4/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought...

Maybe there could be a recipe thread where people post well recipies. Anyway it was just a thought....
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Can you put those hot dog stands in the middle of the charcoal and not the outside like you have it?

This is where I want to get to

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
        Can you put those hot dog stands in the middle of the charcoal and not the outside like you have it?

This is where I want to get to

LOL!! For that I do this:

The second and fourth pictures were of a pit I put in my back yard so I could do this anytime. I had to rip it out to make room for my canoe and kayak.
        The first and third pictures are for when we do this outside in the wilderness or a park (I drop the concrete blocks inside one of those large park grills they put next to shelters). The last pic is of a 4'X2' pit I built for my friend when he had a big gathering at his place.

Yeah I have a thing for concrete blocks! LOL
        Last edited by AbuMasgouf; 04-15-2013, 05:10 PM.
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

You guys are making me hungry... dinner at Mustafa's house!
          Mike S.
          Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Looks like it was nice out there. Sorry about the skunk.

Outback 2015
            Maui

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
              Yeah Mike they fight real hard! And the anticipation of the tap tap is intense lol! I now fully understand the passion for tog! Totally worth getting up at 3am and driving close to 4 hours just to feel the tap tap! LOL
              It's a drug.... I've been dreaming about it all day yesterday!

The best part is I had an awesome teacher to show me the ropes! Everything from rigging, to drifting, to describing the tap tap. I owe so much to Joe. God bless you Joe!

I took the keeper Spec you gave me to my Mom's house for dinner. Of course I roasted it Masgouf style...

and the finish...

The whole family loved it!

I like the way you cooked up the fish there.

Outback 2015
              Maui

Comment

Damm that looks good. When's the party?

Comment

Yeah, sure looks good. I may have to buy some bricks and try this method one day. What kind of wood do you burn?
                  2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

You can just use Lump Charcoal and throw in wood chips to create the smoke flavor. They sell the wood chips at HD and BBQ stores like BBQ Galore.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                      What kind of wood do you burn?
                      I use wood charcoal (Royal Oak brand from Walmart or 365 brand from Whole Foods) and add plain 'ol sticks and small logs from the backyard believe it or not. It adds good flavor. I thought about using hickory wood chips, but they aren't cost effective and don't last long. The whole process takes about 30+ minutes depending on the size of the fish. The whole flavor comes from slow roasting it, so you want something that burns for a while.
                      -Mustafa
                      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                      2016 Hobie Outback
                      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                        I use wood charcoal (Royal Oak brand from Walmart or 365 brand from Whole Foods) and add plain 'ol sticks and small logs from the backyard believe it or not. It adds good flavor. I thought about using hickory wood chips, but they aren't cost effective and don't last long. The whole process takes about 30+ minutes depending on the size of the fish. The whole flavor comes from slow roasting it, so you want something that burns for a while.
                        Yeah, those sticks did look like you got them from your back yard. I have a bunch of fallen sticks/twigs/branches in the back yard. I think they're oak. I have cut wood from some other unknown tree sitting back there too. Sounds like they'll work.

I like your "grill." Just get five bricks and align them together. Then, disassemble when done....lol.....too simple..
                        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
                        X