Morning on the Severn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning on the Severn

Wanted to see if any Rockfish have moved into the Severn, so this morning I decided to hit the walls along Greenbury Point. Was throwing a Bendback fly on my new 9wt- no takers. Saw birds diving on water and later small Rockfish breaking. I moved over and was able to land a couple small schoolies. As I was heading back to Jonas Green, I ducked into a local cove to see if I could find some Pickerel. Was able to land a nice 20" on the Bendback fly.
    DSCF0042.jpg DSCF0044.jpg

Continuing back trek back to Jonas Green, I saw some Navy yardboats practicing laying protective booms for oil spills. Nice to see our Navy in action.
    DSCF0038.jpg

Just wondering and hoping that the Rockfish will begin to show up in my local waters.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Very nice catch on the fly, John.

Bendbacks are great pickerel catchers. My supply is pretty well chewed up. I need to tie some to feed to hungry picks this fall and winter.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Nice catch John...the "fairy wand" is an elegant fishing tool many wished they could master...hopefully the Severn rockfish start cooperating on a more predictable pattern soon.
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Yea Ron have really taken to the “Fairy Wand”, really challenging. Hope the Rockfish show soon, been pretty scarce so far in the rivers.
        John Rentch
        Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
        Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

I warned you that fly fishing was addictive.
          Nice pickerel on the fly!

Comment

Working...
          X