Who wants to fish fresh waters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Spot

That's a nice stretch of water there. I landed my one and only muskie from there 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by the_kegs View Post
      Fredneckyaker and I have been talking about making a trip to the Potomac in the next few weeks if anyone is interested.

The day starts at Point of Rocks where we drop off the vehicles and load one vehicle up with the yaks and gear. Taking back-roads, it's a quick trip up to Brunswick to drop in the yaks. The river is wide and slow most of the way. Plenty of room for a group to fish. No real rapids to speak of, a couple of turbulent areas at most. In my opinion, it's the perfect place to take a beginner, nothing like Harpers Ferry. It's about a 6.5 mile float. Doesn't seem like much but there is a lot fishing along the way. Usually I'll do this with 5 or so guys and we all end up with close to 30 fish for the day. I have a 4 door Tacoma with a bed rack so I can carry 4-5 guys and gear.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.29...32093&t=h&z=14
      sounds fun but i might have to lose the motor.
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Dan, what time or year was that?

Pinch, you would have to watch where you're going but you'd probably be find with the motor. Guys in Jon boats and gas motors actually run up and down a large portion of that stretch. Only 1 maybe 2 areas where you would want to let a flat bottom run through first to check it out and give you a thumbs up or down.
        Digital Livewell

Comment

Pinch, you would have to watch where you're going but you'd probably be find with the motor. Guys in Jon boats and gas motors actually run up and down a large portion of that stretch. Only 1 maybe 2 areas where you would want to let a flat bottom run through first to check it out and give you a thumbs up or down.
          i need 10''-12'' minimum depth depending on which setup i roll out with. ill probably go bare minimum and light tackle. ill bring the motor and the non motor plug just in case.
          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Now

Kegs, I caught it this time two years ago. Mid-May. It saw my X-rap and ate it. I thought it was a big smallie and then saw that it was a muskie when it was about half way to the boat. It was interesting to unhook and of course I have no photo. That was probably the only time I've hit the Potomac without a camera on me. Duh.

Comment

Since we are talking freshwater... Went out on the community lake today (Linganore) and had a great day. 12 fish in about 4 hours. 7 pounder jumped on my bait in the first 2 casts. Put up a great fight. Most of the others were in the 3 lb range with one or two dinks.

Digital Livewell

Comment

Nice Fish. Caught a 19.5 incher from Triadelphia

Those are some nice fish Kegs. Do you need a permit to fish Linganore?

My son and I hit Triadelphia this evening (Sunday 5/22/11) for the last hour of daylight. A 19.5 inch largemouth ate my soft plastic. I didn't see my line move, but when I pulled up to check it the line was heavy so I set the hook. The bass pulled me around and stripped some drag. I took some lousy one handed photos and I'll try to post them tomorrow.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
                  Those are some nice fish Kegs. Do you need a permit to fish Linganore?

My son and I hit Triadelphia this evening (Sunday 5/22/11) for the last hour of daylight. A 19.5 inch largemouth ate my soft plastic. I didn't see my line move, but when I pulled up to check it the line was heavy so I set the hook. The bass pulled me around and stripped some drag. I took some lousy one handed photos and I'll try to post them tomorrow.

Tom
                  Hey Dan-
                  Was at triadelphia today..hard place to fish..I should be back out there sometime this week/next week. Let me know, maybe we can meet up?

And yea, I would love to know about Linganore. Is it a community lake where only the community residents can go too? or is it open to the public?

Comment

You can probably paddle

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                    i need 10''-12'' minimum depth depending on which setup i roll out with. ill probably go bare minimum and light tackle. ill bring the motor and the non motor plug just in case.
                    Pinch, it isn't unusual to scrape bottom and the Potomac bottom is rocky and I'd be concerned about hitting a submerged boulder. I'm leaving my PA behind and bringing my Ride135.

You would be floating downstream the entire trip. You might paddle upstream occasionally to fish an eddy but mostly you just float. Think you would probably do just fine without the motor. Looks like you OC might paddle relatively well.

Anyway, food for thought.

Comment

I'll call him

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
                      I'm in! I only mess with the Potomac in a kayak in the summer/early fall when it's low. I think a group outing would be good. Maybe a discount?
                      I'll call and see if he has any slots left this season. He is normally pretty booked.

Comment

Dan/Shock - Trying to take pictures yourself is the worst. Would still like to see it though. Tridelphia is on my way home, would love to check it out sometime. Linganore is a private lake, use is restricted to members of the community. There are 3 lakes actually with the largest being roughly 210 acres. Would love to host a group of yakers if there is an interest. A little fresh water guy meet and greet.
                        Digital Livewell

Comment

Would love to go

Let us know when you can host a m&g - or if you just want a fishing partner for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by BadAssBass View Post
                            Let us know when you can host a m&g - or if you just want a fishing partner for the day.
                            +1!
                            Count me in....would love a fresh water meet and greet...

Comment

Oh I'm definitely in ..........

Comment

Im in.. ONLY if beverages are provided
                                Malibu Stealth 14
                                Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

Working...
                                X