Who wants to fish fresh waters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fredneckyaker View Post
    Thats the plan as of now. Hope we can get out on potomac but not worth it if its to rough. I have done some rapids before so not to worried about that. Just speed of water and ability to fish it. Put anchor thing on last night so hope it holds.
    Watch out with the anchor in current .......... VERY dangerous. Had a 3 lb anchor that wedged in the rocks by Fletchers ........ even had a zip tie breakaway ..... the current was so strong that I had a hard time even getting even with the anchor with turbo fins ........ tried to break the tab ...... it wouldn't break got even with it and pulled hard ......... almost spilled the PA .......... side went under just a little and caught the current ........ tried 4 times then gave up ........... Fletchers has a brand new 3 lb anchor, 60 ft of line and a nice float ...........

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
      Watch out with the anchor in current .......... VERY dangerous. Had a 3 lb anchor that wedged in the rocks by Fletchers ........ even had a zip tie breakaway ..... the current was so strong that I had a hard time even getting even with the anchor with turbo fins ........ tried to break the tab ...... it wouldn't break got even with it and pulled hard ......... almost spilled the PA .......... side went under just a little and caught the current ........ tried 4 times then gave up ........... Fletchers has a brand new 3 lb anchor, 60 ft of line and a nice float ...........
      That sounds a little frustrating. But i can picture that. It is a little tricky. Mine actually broke on sunday. POS. have to modify it a little. Anyone know the reason for the bungee action that was built into it?
      Malibu Stealth 14
      Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

it was pretty decent but i agree with the potomac trip. went out and got some different soft plastics today im dying to try. Hopefully Kegs gets on here with them pictures at some point.
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

count me in when the water levels drop

Sorry for getting out of touch the last few days - or getting touched.

My son is getting married this weekend and my schedule is no longer my own. Go there, do this, don't do this, etc. Forgot how intense the week or two leading up to a wedding can be.

Anyway, I hope to go on the Potomac soon.

I am also going to Conewago Creek, PA for flyfising soon as I can. If any of you are flyfishers, it will involve at least Saturday overnight in our cabin or maybe a Friday afternoon, fishing through the next evening.

If you have an interest PM me, and I can provide details. First one or two to respond get to go. Caught a 22 inch brown there last year.

Comment

I'll get those pictures posted up tonight guys.
            Digital Livewell

Comment

Originally posted by BadAssBass View Post
              Sorry for getting out of touch the last few days - or getting touched.

My son is getting married this weekend and my schedule is no longer my own. Go there, do this, don't do this, etc. Forgot how intense the week or two leading up to a wedding can be.

Anyway, I hope to go on the Potomac soon.

I am also going to Conewago Creek, PA for flyfising soon as I can. If any of you are flyfishers, it will involve at least Saturday overnight in our cabin or maybe a Friday afternoon, fishing through the next evening.

If you have an interest PM me, and I can provide details. First one or two to respond get to go. Caught a 22 inch brown there last year.

I did not say brown trout .......... OHHHH Nooooo ....... it wasn't me ........ he was the one that said it ..... not me !!!!!!! ......

Just tell me ........did you catch it after a big rain ......

Seriously ........ that's a really nice trout

Comment

Be careful out there .......... DNR says don't go on the Potomac ........

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/0...potomac-river/

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                  I did not say brown trout .......... OHHHH Nooooo ....... it wasn't me ........ he was the one that said it ..... not me !!!!!!! ......

Just tell me ........did you catch it after a big rain ......

Seriously ........ that's a really nice trout
                  Caught it on an overcast day in the fall. In truth, I spotted a nice trout about ten feet away, holding on the far corner of a rock. Cast to it a couple of times with no takes. Following the directions of my first flyfishing guide, I let the drift swing until complete. On the third cast, the trout ignored my white wooly bugger again. I let the fly drift past the game again and as the fly swung past another rock 6 or seven feet downstream from my target, the big brown came out from under and smashed the bugger. Took about 5 minutes to play it and even then, beach landed it.

My guide taught me to always to play a cast out, event if I miss my target, and to always complete the drift, just in a case another target liked your fly. Letting the drift complete minimizes your chances of spooking your fish, and sometimes, although rarely, you attract another fish. Fishing is made up of hundreds of small things and this one small tip got me my personal best brown.

If I can find the picture, I'll post it.

Comment

Originally posted by BadAssBass View Post
                    Caught it on an overcast day in the fall. In truth, I spotted a nice trout about ten feet away, holding on the far corner of a rock. Cast to it a couple of times with no takes. Following the directions of my first flyfishing guide, I let the drift swing until complete. On the third cast, the trout ignored my white wooly bugger again. I let the fly drift past the game again and as the fly swung past another rock 6 or seven feet downstream from my target, the big brown came out from under and smashed the bugger. Took about 5 minutes to play it and even then, beach landed it.

My guide taught me to always to play a cast out, event if I miss my target, and to always complete the drift, just in a case another target liked your fly. Letting the drift complete minimizes your chances of spooking your fish, and sometimes, although rarely, you attract another fish. Fishing is made up of hundreds of small things and this one small tip got me my personal best brown.

If I can find the picture, I'll post it.
                    you should make it up to the gunpowder sometime soon. we've had good sulfur spinner falls just about every evening for the past month. some suprisingly good sized fish (for gunpowder wild brown standards) have been taking dries too. check out my shops website we post a report every other day or so www.backwaterangler.com
                    Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Credit where due

Originally posted by mdmakaira410 View Post
                      you should make it up to the gunpowder sometime soon. we've had good sulfur spinner falls just about every evening for the past month. some suprisingly good sized fish (for gunpowder wild brown standards) have been taking dries too. check out my shops website we post a report every other day or so www.backwaterangler.com
                      Actually, the guide I spoke of worked out of your shop occasionally - it was Stacey. Still one of the best, if not the best guide I've ever worked with. And I may get up there next week. Kayak fishing has kept me off the streams.

Only problem with Spring is what and where do I fish. Bass, trout, ponds,lakes streams, Rock Fish in the flats, ohhh, not to mention the Shad run, oh my - decisions,decisions.

Comment

Sorry, been busy..finally got around to the pics. Pinch-catfish Me-Bass Fredneckyaker-sorry you got skunked

If you guys want the full size you can get them here.
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_kegs/
                        Digital Livewell

Comment

Skunked again huh.... no justice in this world...
                          Malibu Stealth 14
                          Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

Hey that 1 good looking river ........ looks like you guys had a great time

Comment

Originally posted by the_kegs View Post
                              Sorry, been busy..finally got around to the pics. Pinch-catfish Me-Bass Fredneckyaker-sorry you got skunked

If you guys want the full size you can get them here.
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_kegs/

Where did you guys go? I would love to join you guys.

Comment

Monocracy above Frederick. Next time we go, will let you know. Trying to still plan a Potomac run when the river goes down. Hopefully in a week.
                                Malibu Stealth 14
                                Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

Working...
                                X