• Time
  • Show
Clear All

any more?? Should be fun!
    We may need to change the lunch spot........the Lunch box closes at 2
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I drove over the Woodrow Wilson Bridge this afternoon when I was heading home from work and the water was completely ice free. This area is not far from Marshall Hall. I also spoke to another fisherman and he said that the crappie should be there at anytime from now, so bring some minnows if you like and fish docks, drop-offs and submerged brush. Cut bait is good for catfish, and the famous RockChaser Chicken Breast or for me, chicken tenders. I also had real good luck landing catfish if there are any perch around. I cut the perch in half and put it on a hook. They were like candy to the catfish. Night crawlers worked good too. Marshall Hall also has parking for those that use trailers. So that would not be a problem.

Here is a video that I did from two years ago in April from Marshall Hall. The water is pretty easy for those who are new to kayak fishing, so come on down.

Comment

Haha...I remember that day!!

Comment

what's the address to Marshall Hall launch.for people that might not have been there.
          2012 hobie outback
          2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

I remember that day too. Kevin I'll try to make it for lunch. I will let you know by Friday.
            2015 Outback
            2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by coop1486 View Post
              what's the address to Marshall Hall launch.for people that might not have been there.
              -- Physical address is 1005 Marshall Hall Road, Bryans Road, MD 20616
              Here is a map
              Last edited by kevinfry; 03-11-2015, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I'm going to plan to be there this Saturday morning, I have no excuses not to be there. I'll see if I can bag a bunch of minnows and share if I score big. I not much of a cat angler so I'll be begging for advise. I'm guessing anything that wiggles or smells like crap should be productive if they are around. I'm embarrassed to say, I can tell one whisker fin from another so I'll probably need help with identification. My experience with catfish is blackened wish a side of okra. I just may have to rely on the DNR app for identification.
                Live for today, and fish often...
                2014 Pro Angler 14
                St. Jerome Creek, Dameron

Comment

Cut bait, live cut perch, and night crawlers. Top and bottom rig or a fish finder rig is my choice......

Comment

Gotcha Jambone!! You cant mistake a Blue catfish......they are blue!

Comment

I'm gonna change lunch Spot......once OI contact the place I'll let you know...thinking of Kitkat and Moc with this selection.....coming soon!

BTW confirmed to date....it should be fun!!!

Moc
                      Rockchaser
                      Echo5oscar
                      Kevinfry
                      Ictalarus
                      Coop
                      Jambone
                      Kitkatyakker for lunch only!!
                      Last edited by kevinfry; 03-11-2015, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Sorry to be a Debbie downer, but looks like a lot of rain in the forecast. This will force me to skip, as I have a SINK and don't feel like taking a cold bath! I recommend cut bait and fishfinder rigs for the larger cats. If anyone is willing, I recommend stopping by the wharf seafood market in SE DC for bait. They usually have white perch, shad and even mullet. I think the oily stronger smelling fish are best for calling in the cats. Good luck!
                        Green Old Town Loon 111
                        Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

I've been waiting for a Marshall hall m&g. Dang it. New job and family obligations are keeping me out of this one. I've had great success at Marshall hall after using Kevin's maps. Also further north at the entrance that leads to Washington Marina...a few 100 yards south of the lighthouse. The fatty catties feed there in the mornings. When its cold I've been able to slay them with stinkbaits. The cooler temps keep it from melting off. Good luck to those that can go. IMG_20141025_113506.jpgIMG_20141025_134009.jpg
                          Hobie Outback
                          Stand Up Paddle Board
                          Pelican 100

Comment

NEW LUNCH SPOT! 10 Min from ramp Accokeek Seafood
                            http://www.yelp.com/biz/accokeek-seafood-accokeek

I need feedback on time for lunch...I have been

As for weather, word is that the rain should get lesser as the day progresses...

Comment

I am always interested in a lunch spot that has Seafood in its name. I also heard from a coworker that the rain was going to lighten up as the day goes on. Depending on what the latest weather forecast is, If better weather is expected later during the day then I am good with a later launch and lunch. I just need some pullage. Lunch time does not matter to me. I am fine with any time. 3pm or later is fine and a later launch is fine. I just want to get out and test out all of my gear and my upgraded Mirage Drive for my Revo. Light rain or off and on rain is not an issue. I will be wearing waders and a dry top and I will have a rain jacket onboard if needed. As of now temps in the area is predicted to be 65 degrees. Winds will be lighter in the 2nd half of the day.

Comment

Damn, what time is the launch? Of course seafood for lunch is ALWAYS a good idea. I am in for lunch no matter what. ...I think. hell since I haven't sold the Pro-Angler, I may even fish. I won't be home ' till late tomorrow night but fingers crossed. I need some tight lines too. This has been the longest winter. I am sooo ready for the thaw.
                                2015 Outback
                                2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X