New WS Kayak with pedal power & trolling motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PigPen View Post
    I agree. These SOT are hardly kayaks. I can stand and fly cast from mine. It's as plastic boat. If you can't Eskimo roll then its not as true kayak, whale bone aside I'm sure you can make a dory or prawl from whale bone and leather.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That's not the point .......... Minimalist ( probably the wrong word) have the holier than thou attitude when it comes to Yakin when in truth the are no better than the rest of us ......... We all go to sea in a thing made of plastic when only
    The Eskimos are the true yakers and their yaks were made of whalebone and seal skin. We are all yakers with different preferences and no one should be judging each other's preferences.

I don't judge them for sweating heavily on the verge of a heart attack paddling against wind, tide and waves so I don't expect them to judge me when I circle them wearing my ascot and captains hat sipping my martini and shouting words of encouragement in my engine powered PA. .......

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
      I don't judge them for sweating heavily on the verge of a heart attack paddling against wind, tide and waves so I don't expect them to judge me when I circle them wearing my ascot and captains hat sipping my martini and shouting words of encouragement in my engine powered PA. .......
      That would make a great poster. LMFAO!
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Glad you liked it !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BalmerBrian View Post
          Might as well have a john boat. It has room for a blender and scantily clad women.
          Why do you guys think a yak is just a poor mans boat .......... It's not ......... I know ....... I have one but I would never take it to places I've been in a yak ........ Jon boats sink and are less maneuverable and can't to places the yak can

Comment

Whoo, peddles and propellers really brings the Haters out of the wood work.

Some of you people that hate this, or that, in kayaking remind me of the purists I meet when I join Maryland Fly Anglers. You must be some how sub-human for fishing for anything less than Trout! Snobs, that Fly fish and I've seen the same crap from bow hunters, muzzleloaders and virtually every other sport. If you don't like it, don't buy it! Don't force your ethics, your purism, or what other issues you have one everyone else. Can't you just avoid a thread if you don't like what is posted in it?
            "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Expressing one's opinion is not hating. It's called having a discussion,-until the personal attacks start.

Comment

Don't go for the scantily clad woman option. It is too expensive to operate......requires a credit card.
                Last edited by kevinfry; 07-08-2015, 12:37 PM.
                14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I think we need a sarcasm smiley, so folks know when to take things serious and when to not so much.

<sarcasm>
                  Expressing one's opinion is not hating.
                  Everyone is free to express their opinion, as long as it aligns and agrees exactly with mine.
                  It's called having a discussion,-until the personal attacks start.
                  That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works. Did you eat paint chips as a child?
                  </sarcasm>
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

/s works for me. Works better than the paddletail I used on Thursday. [Shakes fist]

Comment

/s works for me. Works better than the paddletail I used on Thursday. [Shakes fist]
                      We caught all fish on paddle tails yesterday. I don't know what is going on with the striper right now, the one I brought home had a completely empty stomach...I don't know if they are back on a regular bait fish diet yet from the clam worms they were feasting on.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                        We caught all fish on paddle tails yesterday. I don't know what is going on with the striper right now, the one I brought home had a completely empty stomach...I don't know if they are back on a regular bait fish diet yet from the clam worms they were feasting on.
                        Perhaps I'll troll a striper tube with a gulp sandworm on it and see what's biting. Oh well.

Comment

Perhaps I'll troll a striper tube with a gulp sandworm on it and see what's biting. Oh well.
                          I heard charter boats were trolling tube-n-worm at the Bay Bridge a couple weeks ago, with success.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Looking forward to getting my hands on one. I LOVE my Thresher 155, but she is a beast in the wind!
                            Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                            Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Does the Thresher have the FF pod in the center?
                              Hobie fleet:
                              2017 Quest 13
                              2015 Outback
                              2014 Outback

Comment

Yes it does. That is the only bummer out this drive location - it will displace my FF setup. Probably will need to go to a Cell Block.
                                Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                                Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Working...
                                X