No announcement yet.

New WS Kayak with pedal power & trolling motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But where are you going to put the FF if the peddle drive goes in there? maybe they have a transducer mount for in front of it???
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

11158195_10153388429902240_838490196_n.jpg

-Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by jsnyd86 View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]16324[/ATTACH]

Hater gunna hate, ain'ters gunna ain't....
        Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
        2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
        2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
        2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16324[/ATTACH]

..... ahh yes another jealous sweatin yaker

Comment

Zoom!

Comment

My father-in-law just watched this video with me and made a brilliant suggestion. I'm not exactly sure how this system works, but why not have a Torqeeto propulsion system with a peddle powered alternator that charges the battery. You should be able to just cruise around on battery power and peddle whenever you feel like it, even at a complete stop, and charge the battery. An alternator system would weigh a little more than perhaps a solar panel, but would it would be far more efficient and would work in any weather conditions. I thought it was a great idea and it would be really cool if this boat has that ability.
              2015 Hobie Outback
              2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Any estimates on price out there? I keep hoping that with all these companies coming out with pedal and trolling motor designs that the prices will start trending downward. Somehow the opposite keeps happening...
                Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                  ..... ahh yes another jealous sweatin yaker
                  Haha, all good. Maybe someday I would get one if I can ever afford it. I'm team people and more interested in what you're catching them on rather than how you got there.

I'm finally warming up to the pedal drive systems so maybe I'm just a slow learner.
                  -Jon
                  Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
                    Any estimates on price out there? I keep hoping that with all these companies coming out with pedal and trolling motor designs that the prices will start trending downward. Somehow the opposite keeps happening...
                    I'm with you Romo be interesting to see when WS prices their peddle model if it's higher than Hobie.

Comment

Haha, all good. Maybe someday I would get one if I can ever afford it. I'm team people and more interested in what you're catching them on rather than how you got there.

I'm finally warming up to the pedal drive systems so maybe I'm just a slow learner.
                      ......... yes young Luke ....... come to the DARKSIDE !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
                        This is mainly designed for the ATAK, which is $1800 MSRP, so I'm not figuring its going to be very cheap. I still can't seem to pry the $350 out of my wallet they want for that new seat either.

To Be honest, Kayak fishing has gotten popular and kayak prices have risen with the demand from all manufacturers. They should be cheaper as they make more for the same molds spreading the prototype and mold costs out over even more castings. This is mainly for SOT's also. I bought my Commander 5 years ago and its gone up less than $100. SOT's are really going up in price.
                        "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Originally posted by BalmerBrian View Post
                          Imho trolling motors runs against the spirit of using a kayak. Human-powered or it's not kayaking.
                          My "Kayak" is a electric powered Old Town Canoe.
                          Do I have to turn my membership card in?

Comment

I think we offended the non-motor kayak club and we are being attacked by the liberal snaggedline media!
                            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

It's the progressives that are bringing us down the wrong path !
                              (Sarcasm)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              -Jon
                              Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by bignose View Post
                                My "Kayak" is a electric powered Old Town Canoe.
                                Do I have to turn my membership card in?
                                Stu,

You can keep your membership card if you can answer yes to the following questions:

1. Is your hull made of molded plastic?
                                2. Can paddle, pedal or move it with a small electric motor?
                                3. Does it have gunnels?
                                4. Can you stand beside it in ankle deep water and it floats?
                                5. Bonus question: Can you make good lures?
                                Mark
                                Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                                Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                                Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X