X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes on 1-4

In the opinion of many to #5: Yes

I guess my card is still safe.

BTW: I thought I was a part of the liberal Snaggedline media, or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
      I think we offended the non-motor kayak club and we are being attacked by the liberal snaggedline media!
      You have a paddle, pedals and motor...on your kayak. I think you are trying to compensate for something.

Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
        This is mainly designed for the ATAK, which is $1800 MSRP, so I'm not figuring its going to be very cheap. I still can't seem to pry the $350 out of my wallet they want for that new seat either.

To Be honest, Kayak fishing has gotten popular and kayak prices have risen with the demand from all manufacturers. They should be cheaper as they make more for the same molds spreading the prototype and mold costs out over even more castings. This is mainly for SOT's also. I bought my Commander 5 years ago and its gone up less than $100. SOT's are really going up in price.
        was told on their Facebook page that the pedals and motor will fit all kayaks with the new flex pod os which is on the atak and thresher but the ride x is shown on the video so who knows.

the prices are definitely getting Rediculous imo. The atak looks nice but not at $1800.
        I personally will wait year or so till all the bugs get worked out. There's already complaints about the seat not being easy to take off and put back on since it connects in the tracks for adjustability.
        2013 PRO ANGLER 12
        2013 Cuda 12

Comment

As far as fishing from a motorized kayak, I say to each his own.
          I personally have a 28 ft Sea Ray I use to fish the bay, a PA12 and a cuda 12 to fish rivers and resovoirs, and I'm looking for a bass boat now as well to be able to cover more ground when bass fishing.
          2013 PRO ANGLER 12
          2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
            But where are you going to put the FF if the peddle drive goes in there? maybe they have a transducer mount for in front of it???
            TBD - Probably need to set up a Yakattack Cell Block with and outboard mount. Still excited about the possibilities!
            Bruce

Hobie PA 14
            Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              Stu,
              You can keep your membership card if you can answer yes to the following questions:

1. Is your hull made of molded plastic?
              Old town Royalex hulls are vacuum formed sandwiched plastic and not one layer Roto molded like ours, or like the Scanoes. Its actually a better hull and its like a tank for plastic. The outside is tough as nails and the inside is lighter and more buoyant. The reason it is not used is you can't roto-mold the sheets and its quite a bit heavier which people would probably fault the design for.
              "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Originally posted by bignose View Post
                My "Kayak" is a electric powered Old Town Canoe.
                Do I have to turn my membership card in?
                Yes. I'll pick it up in my fuel cell humvee.

Comment

Looks like it wasn't a ride after all they will now make a 13ft tarpon with the flex pod system. The new flexpod will be the spot for the new system it seems. Also the pescador looks to get a facelift as well. More info here

http://m.kayakfishmag.com/news/wilderness-tarpon-130x/

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
                  Tan-Tarpon 140
                  Lime-Pelican Matrix
                  Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

Yes, the FlexPod is the catch.

That ATAK lists for $1800. It comes with the FlexPod OS which can be used to hold your FF and/or gear.
                    Although to get hands free power you would have to replace the FlexPod OS with the soon-to-be-released FlexPod Motor Drive or the don't-know-when-it-will-be-released FlexPod Pedal Drive.

The motor drive and integral battery provide power for 2-4 hours. I easily get twice that from my Torque, but I'm guessing their battery is significantly smaller than my Group 24.

But the thing that really turns me off is them saying that the ATAK sits low in the water. My Torque sits low in the water. There is always a little water in the footwells and my ass gets wet. The ATAK seat would keep my butt dry, but I think I want my next yak to be a little dryer in the footwells too.
                    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Has anyone seen any video from ICast about this? I thought I saw a link someone posted on FB about it, but couldn't watch it at the time. Now, of course, I can't find it when I want it.....
                      Bruce

Hobie PA 14

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
                        Has anyone seen any video from ICast about this? I thought I saw a link someone posted on FB about it, but couldn't watch it at the time. Now, of course, I can't find it when I want it.....
                        Nope, I was looking for a follow up also...
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

http://m.kayakfishmag.com/news/wilde...s-motor-drive/
                          2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                          2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for finding that. The Wildy FB page also posted this piece this morning. The Kayak Fish Mag piece had way more detail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk_7BePERVI
                            Bruce

Hobie PA 14

Comment

I'm guessing since its "based off torqueedo tech" it's not actually a torqueedo motor? Wonder what the performance/price trade off is like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              -Jon
                              Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by bignose View Post
                                My "Kayak" is a electric powered Old Town Canoe.
                                Do I have to turn my membership card in?
                                That's my set-up too. I too hope I don't have to turn in my membership card. Canoes have lots of advantages... but granted, dealing with the wind is not one of them.
                                Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Working...
                                X