No announcement yet.

Hemingways info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would think just tieing a dock line/rope to one end of the kayak (on the handle), lift and pull?
    sigpic

Comment

More like unload everything and if you have 2 people then each person grabs an end and lift. It guess it's better than dragging a cart 1/2 mile back to the car at TP.

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
        thanks for looking into it jimbo.

that site was used by other groups as well, such as non fishing kayak groups and trail guides...i wonder what happened to them.

did they by chance tell you why they are reluctant to let people launch? are they aware that it has been used as a light craft launch area for years?
        No, the manager didn't tell me why they are reluctant to let people launch, but I'm pretty sure I know why... basically the managers there are managing a multimillion dollar investment for their parent company. The restaurant just opened a couple of months ago. I have a lot of experience in this area and can tell you the managers are probably working an obscene amount of hours and are under a tremendous amount of stress getting the business properly launched (pun intended) and stable. I briefly discussed some of the business elements with the manager and it was clear that they have their hands full, frankly, the manager had a bit of a deer in the headlights look. Given this, when somebody calls and says, "hey, I'm so and so, can I launch at your place", with all they have going on, the only logical answer is "no". On the otherhand, when several people or a group of people go into their business and make clear their intention to support the business and show an understanding of their needs, I believe they will easily recognize the benefit of working something out.
        -Jimbo-

Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 30#
        Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 20#
        Fishbites - Saltwater version

Comment

The good news is we have G-dock until we can work something out with Hemingways..... The Force is back in balance.
          -Jimbo-

Comment

G-dock

Hear, hear Jimbo! When do we launch?

Comment

Btw there are ladders back onto the dock for the return trip
              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

That's perfect then. I can use the ladder to get in the sucker then. I am afraid I'm a little to top heavy to try and drop down two feet into a unstable Kayak.

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post
                  That's perfect then. I can use the ladder to get in the sucker then. I am afraid I'm a little to top heavy to try and drop down two feet into a unstable Kayak.
                  I will use the ladder to get into the yak too, since I have a little balance issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                    No, the manager didn't tell me why they are reluctant to let people launch, but I'm pretty sure I know why... basically the managers there are managing a multimillion dollar investment for their parent company. The restaurant just opened a couple of months ago. I have a lot of experience in this area and can tell you the managers are probably working an obscene amount of hours and are under a tremendous amount of stress getting the business properly launched (pun intended) and stable. I briefly discussed some of the business elements with the manager and it was clear that they have their hands full, frankly, the manager had a bit of a deer in the headlights look. Given this, when somebody calls and says, "hey, I'm so and so, can I launch at your place", with all they have going on, the only logical answer is "no". On the otherhand, when several people or a group of people go into their business and make clear their intention to support the business and show an understanding of their needs, I believe they will easily recognize the benefit of working something out.

....... and dress nice and spend a bunch of money ..........

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                      Well, if they are so concerned about the food business, why do they care if car toppers launch from a distant corner of their property?
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, if they are so concerned about the food business, why do they care if car toppers launch from a distant corner of their property?
                        Let's be thankful they are letting us use their facility and leave it as is. If we show them we can be a bunch of good guys maybe they'll change their minds later.

Comment

I suspect because they put a lot of money into the grounds, including new landscaping where we launch. They build a fancy new restaurant and are hoping to attract an upscale crowd. I assume without putting much thought in to it, they simply didn't want a bunch of kayaks being dragged around on their property, in full view of customers. That probably isn't part of the customer experience intended to deliver. This is all conjecture obviously. I imagine if there was even that much thought put into the matter, it probably happened in a millisecond in response to the question, "can I launch here", while they were busy dealing with issues of more importance to them.
                          -Jimbo-

Comment

........ because thy are afraid the people will abandon their yachts and by yaks like we did ..........

THey also don't want a smelly wet fisherman in the restaurant with the well dressed money dudes ........

Comment

maybe they will be willing to be a sponsor for the tournament, get their name on the shirt/ open the beach area to kayakers

Comment

Great Job Jimbo ........ that's for being our spokesman

Comment

Working...
                                X