No announcement yet.

Need suggestions for another smaller yak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would definitely check out the Vibe Yellowfin and Skipjack.
    Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Have you guys any paddling time in the Vibe's? I have them on my short list but I haven't located too much info regarding their handling.
      John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
      MK Endura Max 55 backup power
      Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

I have only paddled the Sea Ghost (which handles very well) but I've heard good things about the Yellowfin from some folks that own them. If you're a Faecbook user, there is a group called "Vibe Kayaks Owners Group" that I'm sure could give you plenty of detail on the specifics of each boat. I find that group to be much like Snaggedline, very friendly and informative, so I'm sure they'd be willing to share info.
        Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Thanks for the info on the Vibe list. I'll have to have my wife find the facebook stuff, I don't even own a smartphone.
          John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

You can take my Skipjack 90 for a paddle at the June M&G - I’m very happy with how it performs for a 9 footer and the light weight is great putting it on top of the car at the end of the day!

Comment

Thanks for the offer. When and where is the June M&G?
              John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

June 9th on the Potomac for smallies.

Comment

Dang, I'll be in Cape May N.J.. Thanks for the offer though.
                  John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Ok, it looks like I am getting the Vibe Skipjack 90 Kayak Package. The question is should I order it from the factory or from Amazon. The price is the same in both cases.

I tried to find a local dealer but the closest North is in the Poconos and South is in Richmond.
                    John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

I ordered mine from the Vibe a couple of years ago. It was well packaged and the customer service was perfect.

Comment

Yea, I guess that is the way I will go too. Do you use their paddle? Is it all plastic? I have grown lazy using my carbon fiber paddle on my Trident. The light weight is nice.
                        John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

The Vibe paddle isn’t bad - I use it pretty frequently in rivers and don’t worry about bashing it on rocks. When I paddle lakes, I’ll generally use my lighter paddle I have for my bay kayak.

Comment

Is the Ultimate 12 really under 50#?

Native lists my Slayer 12 @ 67# rigged, and I can tell you, it feels A LOT more than 67#.

I'm also looking for something lighter as my Slayer is a bitch to portage. I was looking at the little Skipjack, but that seat doesn't look very comfortable for a long day.
                            Native Slayer 12
                            Native Ultimate

Comment

I believe it is.

I car top mine on a Toyota Sienna which is a fairly tall vehicle.

P1020525.jpg

It's much lighter than my Hobie Revo which is listed at 70 pounds.

Fellow kayakers have lifted my Ultimate 12 at various launch sites just to see how it compares with their kayaks and each have commented on its low weight.

Again, there's a reason I use it more often than my Revo. That reason is its ease of transport.
                              Mark
                              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Ultimate 12 is on my radar. Wish there was a dealer closer to me.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Jackson Skipper? Also a light weight rig.
                                Native Slayer 12
                                Native Ultimate

Comment

Working...
                                X