No announcement yet.

October M&G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in for the 22nd, I'm thinking the water will clear up and maybe the big stripers will be here. I need to make a redemption claim here...
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Hey John, Ya know there is no rule that says I can't do both is it??? I'm always looking for a reason to get on the water. See ya there!!
      Tom Brown
      2012 Hobie PA 14'
      Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

OK, looks like the date for the October M&G will be October 22 on the South River. Should be a good outing.

Comment

Never been there- so directions, landmarks, etc. will be appreciated
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Why is the poll closed?

Comment

I would like an adress or marina name or location of some type and time, Please. I'm familiar with the river and several marinas on the river. I just need a location. Memory Maker, I think they closed the poll because they already made the decision as too where and when. Hope to see you there, haven't talked in a while.
              Thanks, Tom
              Tom Brown
              2012 Hobie PA 14'
              Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Looking at my travel schedule it wouldn't matter- Oct 1- I am in New Orleans and Oct 22- I am in Portland, Oregon- so...

Comment

Rick, The poll was up for a week. At a pre-set time it closes out. I had it set for one week.

I'll get the addresses and directions up soon. I always forget the two addresses on each side of the marina entrance. It will be at the community marina in Hillsmere, same place as last year.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                    Looking at my travel schedule it wouldn't matter- Oct 1- I am in New Orleans and Oct 22- I am in Portland, Oregon- so...
                    Dang...you do a lot of travelling!
                    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Yes, way too much for most folks -Forty or fifty trips every year...

Comment

at least you're visiting some places with good food! I have some suggestions in Portland if you like...my old stomping grounds
                        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I have no problem with finding good places to eat- New Orleans- Arnaulds in the Quarter directly across from G.W. Fins and Dickie Brennans Steak House- One of my all time favorites is the Metro Grill in Seattle- but D.C. has some pretty decent places like the Prime Rib on K Street, Capital Grill, Bobby Vanns and the Old Ebbetts Grill-

Comment

Arnauds is really awesome. Definitely one of my favorites. Another in the quarter is Mr. B's Bistro!!

Comment

...and don't forget about the redfish, not far from New Orleans. If you have time go fishing. You can always eat.

Comment

I was assigned down to New Orleans to work a job on the west bank from July of 1999 until February of 2002- my schedule was 10 days there; four days back here-I had the same room in the Landmark hotel in Metarie for that entire time- paid on a monthly basis- Lake Pontchartrain and I got to be good friends- I fished for specks and redfish just about every night off the seawall at city park using the cocahoe minnow lures made locally (jig head plastic lure similar to the grub)- caught hundreds of trout and reds- the chef at the Landmark hotel and I got to be friends and I would bring a nice mess of speckled trout back to the hotel that he would filet and make all sorts of dishes for us- I made lots of friends there-

Comment

Working...
                                X