No announcement yet.

October M&G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the mini-meet still on for tomorrow? It looks like it's going to be cold, windy, and possibly rainy. I was hoping to put off my purchase of waders for a sale, but I might have to make a trip to bass pro tonight...
    Sun Fishin'

Comment

I am out. Gotta work in the morning! Very rare these days but I've been trying to get this work scheduled for months and now the stars have aligned...

Comment

It looks like it will be way too windy. The weather is calling for 15 to 20 mph out of the West. That will blow the length of the river and really be bad. So it is best to wait till the 22nd for the South River. The cold won't be bad, but the wind is too much. As of last night I was optimistic with a Northwest wind. North or Northwest is the best wind for the river.

It is best to call it off for tomorrow. Too bad, I was looking forward to fishing.

Comment

Today

I went out on the magothy river today and had a real hard time with the wind. Did get a few white perch but nothing of any sustanance, size or weight. Will see you all on the 22nd. got my waders and a nice windproof and rainproof jacket. Gotta love a 40% discount!!!.
          Tom
          Tom Brown
          Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
          2012 Hobie PA 14'
          Ocean Kayak Tident 13
          2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

After Fishing

Are there any suggestions on where to go after fishing, for adult beverages. I know last year there was a Navy game in town and places were crowded. There is a game in town again this year. However, if we fish till about 1:00-2:00, we should be ok. There is alittle cafe just at the end of Hillsmere Drive, that serves good burgers and beer. This is just out of the community where we will be fishing, in the shopping center. It is not too expensive. They have a web site Grumps Cafe.

Or we could try Davis Pub, which is at 400 Chester Ave in Eastport. That is a fun place, but it may be a little crowded on a Saturday afternoon.

Also, this year I would recommend that we use VHF radios. So we can let others of our group know if there are fish being caught in a certain area. Channel 71 would be a good channel. Of course keep in mind not to say exactly where we are fishing or we may have alot of company, in the way of power boats.

Any suggestions or thoughts on any of this.

Comment

Originally posted by chimo View Post
              See you guys on the 22nd!

Chimo
              Welcome back!
              Used to fish more.

Comment

I have been hearing some good fishing reports from the fisherman comming into the store. Thomas Point, Tolleys, West River and South River are all doing well on stripers. So the meet and greet may be good fishing. The preliminary weather report is good, sunny. If the weather permits, I am going out Thursday on the South River. I'll post a report.

Comment

I'll be there!
                  <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I'll be there.
                    Wil

Comment

I'm with Dogfish, VHF Channel 71 good with me for Saturday.

Comment

I plan on being there. CH 71 is good with me
                        Tom Brown
                        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                        2012 Hobie PA 14'
                        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

I'll be there. If the Weather Channel prediction holds up with a 5 mph wnw wind, it will be great conditions.

--Directions: For anyone needing them, I posted the directions on page 4 of the thread. http://www.snaggedline.com/showthread.php?t=1855&page=4

--VHF Channel 71 sounds good. Communication will be good if someone really gets into the fish.

--Again, anyone interested in checking out the chart of the South River, NOAA Chart 12270, http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/12270.shtml, is the one to look at. We will be launching near the mouth of the river, at the little black point in Duvall Creek. So you can check out the chart in that area.

--Any suggestions of the after fishing stop off to eat. As I said earlier, Grumps of very close. If we get there by about 2ish. They close at 4 on Saturdays. However, we could try Davis Pub, which is a neat little bar. They both have web sites.
                          Last edited by DOGFISH; 10-19-2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

When are we launching?????
                            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

In early morning. However, after sunrise the gate to the marina opens automatically. It is on a timer and photo cell switch. I will be at the gate early, but I understand there may be a problem with the gate card reader. I will go test it tomorrow night. If the gate card reader works, I will be there at 6:00, like last year, to open the gate for those who arrive before sunrise. Just check back tomorrow. I'll post if the card reader is working. Otherwise, sunrise.

Comment

Im planning on being there around 6:30 if the card reader is working. Excited to try some new water. Hows the crabbing in the area this time of year?
                                Ryan
                                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                                X