No announcement yet.

October M&G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant make this one, flying back from Cali on the 22nd but wont be in the area until 530pm
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
      Dogfish,
      What nearby tackle shop would you suggest in the area?
      I'm not familar with the Fairfax area. BassPro is an all in one stop. They will have everything you need, either in the crankbait section, bass section or the saltwater section. I also use AllTackle in Annapolis. Although, I don't know what time they open in the morning. I think Anglers is open early in the morning. I keep a good selection of lures in stock at the West Marine in Annapolis, but they will not be open until 8:00 on the 22nd. We are presently out of the glass shad that I mentioned, as I recommend it to so many people.

Maybe Redfish12 or jffoley could recommend a tackle shop in the Fairfax area.
      Last edited by DOGFISH; 10-20-2011, 10:23 PM.

Comment

For those who were asking, this is probably the first date that I plan on wearing waders. It will be somwhat chilly in the morning. Although, the water conditions should be great, providing that the 5mph NW wind prediction holds up. There will be some boat traffic, but as those who fished here last year knows, it is not a problem this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Foursteps24 View Post
          Shady you are ahead of the game. Way to respectfully decline my chicken knecks because I see you know that perch works excellent as well. LOL! When Metro and I went a couple weeks ago in between checks I bottom fished with salted bloodworms and caught about 8 perch. I put them in the traps and they TORE them up. Thats why I want to get an early start and try to caych a few
          When I was a kid, we would dig up some worms and catch sunfish. Then we would use the sunfish as crab bait. Fish is a good crab bait. We would move right up the food chain. Of course that is when there were lots of sufish (bluegill) in the creeks of the bay. They relate to grass.

Comment

Was really hoping to make this M&G to hook up with everyone but with no rigging done yet to my outback and my lack of experience with a kayak, Im gonna have to pass on this one.

Hopefully you'll have another M&G in the spring and hopefully I'll be ready for that one.

Good luck all and looking forward to the pics and reports.

The weather looks like its going to be perfect if the predictions hold up.

I'll probably be heading out in my Amberjack lookin for some big rock.

Might even cruise over that way to check out the kayak convoy on the south River ... lol.
            I'll give a shout out on the VHF if I come by.
            2013 PRO ANGLER 12
            2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Dogfish,
              What nearby tackle shop would you suggest in the area?

tuff, there is alltackle on west st or go to anglers and double back to annapolis. what do you need i can pick it up for you im going to hit anglers in the am. got some bws last week from them and was amazed how large they were and lively

Comment

ditto on the bloods at anglers. We picked up some last Friday night and they were huge. Too bad they are not that fat in the spring.

Comment

used this one on tuesday, his bros are going for a swim shortly they would give my wife the heebeegeebees
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                    used this one on tuesday, his bros are going for a swim shortly they would give my wife the heebeegeebees
                    Ive never used bloodworms because they give me the heebegeebees! lol
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

LOL, do what my wife does, cut pieces from the tail end first and leaves me the fat juicy end.

Comment

Well I am finally going to be able to make my first meet and greet after joining a few months ago. Just ckecked the tides for tomorrow and looks like Low tide will be about 7:28 am and High @ 1:12pm.

I plan on bringing 3 rods and throwing plugs at the shoreline for a bit then switch over to trolling and jigging when I find something. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Comment

That's one thing I noticed too. Angler's bws are among the fattest.

I need some 3-6 oz lead. Thanks for the offer, surf, but I think I'm going to stop by PBS on I-95 on my way to Kipto.

For the M&G, I'm just going to use crankbaits and jigs/grub worms.
                          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Hi all. Shooting to make the meet and greet and looking forward to it. Don't have any waders so we'll see how this goes. All depends on how resilient my butt and lower extremeties are in the cold.

Anyway, if I do make it I look forward to seeing some of you.

Comment

That's one thing I noticed too. Angler's bws are among the fattest.
                              I'm glad to see that Anglers bloodworms have improved since May and June. When I bought some then, they were scrawny. By comparison, the ones I got then at Marty's Tackle shop in Edgewater were awesome.

For those of you not familiar with Marty's, the owner Jim goes well out of his way to accommodate fisherman. He is a good guy. I have no financial stake in Marty's -- I just appreciate his service.
                              John Veil
                              Annapolis
                              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by jsquare View Post
                                Hi all. Shooting to make the meet and greet and looking forward to it. Don't have any waders so we'll see how this goes. All depends on how resilient my butt and lower extremeties are in the cold.

Anyway, if I do make it I look forward to seeing some of you.
                                You will do fine with water proof pants and shoes/boots. The water is not real cold yet (~60 deg).
                                John Veil
                                Annapolis
                                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                                X