No announcement yet.

eastern shore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope- the 16 foot deep hole is in a very narrow strait on the southeastern tip between two underwater obstructions in about four feet of water- it looks to be a couple of miles from the launch- the five foot narrow channel out of the launch could be a gold mine as it is in the shallow 2-3 foot deep Parker Bay- I plan to troll a one ounce white Spro's bucktail dressed with a three inch chartreuse Gulp Swim Shad behind me on the 2 mile way out to the target area- if I catch fish along the way...I might just stop and fish that area- Saturday is supposed to be pretty nice- the shallow Chincoteague bay above Queen Sound and Four Mouths should be prime flounder habitat and should be lightly fished. In any event- I am going to recon the eastern shore areas for some night fishing opportunities this summer- got to be a prime place for big redfish and gator speckled trout cruising the flats and the occasional sighting of an eastern shore tarpon.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Ron you need to stop talking about these awesome opportunities. Now I wanna catch a Tarpon lmao!
      -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
      -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

I think I see the southeastern tip. It's about a mile and a half from launch. I'm thinking the shorelines of Parker Bay could produce flatties too. If Norfolk/VB ain't good, I may swing by Mill Island Sat morning. If you bring your marine radio, maybe we can touch base on channel 78.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
        X