No announcement yet.

Aug 14 Meet & Greet - Gameplan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I troll with the rods behind me in the spring and i dont set the drag lightly. trust me, you'll know when you have a fish, either by it pulling drag, by the thump that resonates through the kayak from the hit, or the sudden jerk the kayak makes if it's of size.

I still don't know if i can make it...working out my weekend schedule now...
    sigpic

Comment

I'll see everyone there... maybe I'll get to catch a mutant perch.....

Comment

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
        Excellent guys! We're putting together quite the flotilla! Guys in boats aren't going to know what to with us!

Received several more cell #'s and names. What about home #'s and email addresses? Shall I include those? If you agree send 'em on to me and I'll add to the wallet card.

I like the walkie talkie or VHF idea. I don't currently have either but a VHF would provide the NOAA weather channel as well as the Coast Guard or other boaters. That might be a better choice when out separately.
        I like the email idea, since I tend to take alot of pictures while I am out on the water. I like to capture the "Kodak" moments of an event, so email is an easy way to share out the pictures if anyone wants a copy.

Comment

I like the C&R idea. My freezer is not quite full but getting there. I was in a Kayak competition in Virginia and they had a sticker that you got at a specified time that you included in the photo with the Fish against the ruler, just as described earlier in this thread. Maybe for fun in the future we should have three categories of the "grab bag", such as the largest fish in three different categories...such as the largest rock, perch, and blue.... whatever is the three most prevalent species at the time of year.

Comment

I doubt I'll get Saturday off, but if I do, I'll try to make it there!

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantaKing View Post
              I doubt I'll get Saturday off, but if I do, I'll try to make it there!
              It's ok if you can't ......... just send your door prize

Comment

I hate when people back out. I really do. But I'm backing out. I grabbed a pair of tickets for Broadway. Curtain at 8. I wont be able to do the show, dinner and make it back the same night so im gonna stay up there.

Someone take plenty of pictures.
                Jason

Comment

ive got both of you beat! just brought my wife home from the hospital, she had her appendix removed last night. shes doing fine but very painful to move and sit up. if shes feeling ok tomorrow nite i will make it on sat. her 2nd operation in 2 months

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                    ive got both of you beat! just brought my wife home from the hospital, she had her appendix removed last night. shes doing fine but very painful to move and sit up. if shes feeling ok tomorrow nite i will make it on sat. her 2nd operation in 2 months
                    Dude ......... selling your wife's body parts for a new depth finder is illegal .......

Seriously ........ hope she's feeling better, finished with surgery and well .......

Comment

meet and greet

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
                      OK Gang here's the idea:

What: 1st Official Monthly Meet & Greet
                      Where: Hemingway's, Stevensville, MD
                      When: Saturday, August 14th
                      Why: Kayak Fishing & Camaraderie
                      Fishing Time: 6AM - 11AM
                      High Tide at Sandy Point: 9:01AM

I spoke to Tim at Hemingway's and he suggested Lola's for our gathering as it is less formal than Hemingway's itself. However, if we decide to change it's no problem. Tim said we could take the picnic tables on the grass near the water for our "weigh-in". They don't take reservations at Lola's but if I call later in the week with a head count they will note it in their book. We'll be there before they open so it shouldn't be an issue.

The consensus is for a tackle grab bag prize for the largest fish. Everyone should bring a new lure or other tackle of $5 - $10 in value. Whoever gets the biggest fish gets the tackle.

Meet at the picnic tables over by Lola's by 11:30AM. Determine the biggest fish. Award the tackle to the winner over beers and lunch.

So, if you're planning to be there please respond to this thread so I can get a head count and alert Hemingway's. Tim said they appreciate the heads up.

Tight Lines!
                      John
                      sorry i am not going to be able to make it. I have to work. I will be fishing in spirit........ here fishy fishy fishy

Comment

looks like I'm a go for tomorrow morning. I look forward to seeing the Plastic navy in full force.

What time does Anglers open tomorrow morning? I need to get some fish bites and Spro's for grab bag.

Hopefully the wind wont be too bad tomorrow morning. I don't want to get blown off the Pylons every 30 secs. Maybe i can sneak up to a Hobie and attach a line to their rudder. That way i can fish in place and maybe garb a spot or two outta their live wells. Does fluorocarbon work as a invisible tow line

See you all tomorrow.
                        Last edited by mmanolis2001; 08-13-2010, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Angler's opens at 5 am I believe. There have been posts on here indicating that the 7-11 near there sells bloodworms as well. I'll probably get some night crawlers or stick with fishbites that I have.

I wanted to post a couple of things though...

1) Life-jackets, no one is going to make you wear it, but wear it! I know it's hot, but the bay is a big body of water and things can get dicey. At least at the bridge there will be tons of boats... wear it.

2) VHF Channel = ?
                          2 Way Channel = ?

3) If you catch a tagged fish, keep it, it doesn't count against your limit.

4) Bring your camera

5) Bring a piece of tackle for the prize

I'll be the guy in the orange Trident with the orange paddle and the orange bucket.... Mr Orange. See you guys out there!
                          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

meet and greet

Count me in. I'm sorry for the late notice. question though. where is Lola's. Not familiar with it. do we put over at hemingways? I'm new to this club and looking forward to this. looking to tag along with a more experenced open water yaker. Looking forward to this
                            See yall there.
                            Tom
                            Tom Brown
                            Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                            2012 Hobie PA 14'
                            Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                            2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                              Dude ......... selling your wife's body parts for a new depth finder is illegal .......

Seriously ........ hope she's feeling better, finished with surgery and well .......
                              i dont think anyone would pay that much for them, they are worn out should be there on sat.

Comment

meet and greet.

Hey there, maybe we should try to contact the Baltimore sun to get a little publicity to get the word out about kayak fishing. if you would like to give them a call the number is 410-332-6100 that is to the newsroom. they may send down a reporter to do a human interest story.

Comment

Working...
                                X