No announcement yet.

august meet & greet aug. 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the awesome report Guys, looked like you had an awesome time. Im glad the weather held up for the most part. I have off every weekend the next two months so I'll be heading down there at the next opportunity. those pics certainly motivated me.
    2012 Hobie mirage outfitter (RED)

Comment

man that food and blue moon did me in i wanted to go out again with moc and shield it looked perfect for fishing but i was wiped out. my mind said fish my body said your nuts!

forgot about the cool dolphin show, better than the aquarium! a pod of about 10 or so dolphin were chasing down some bait and jumping twisting and slapping the water to stun the fish, cool to see them hunting wild but not good for fishing they spooked the fish around the end of the pier. 3 of them popped up and eyeballed me from about 20 yds away probably looking for a free fish!
      Last edited by surfdog; 08-13-2012, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Excellent report, gents. Congrats on all the flounder. I'm definitely sorry I missed it.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Nice to hear about your adventures. Wish I could have made it as well.

Comment

Way to go Moc and Shield! Wish I had had more time to hit RI with you guys but had to make it back in time to go to the Linkin Park Concert at Jiffy lube

My day started around 1030 pm Friday at CHSP. Spent about an hour and a half tying rigs and getting the kayak ready and launched about midnight and fished till 0330 right around the pier hoping for some flounder. No luck.. Did get one small schoolie striper, a spot, and a bunch of micro croaker. Headed back to the truck for a nap and woke up at 0400 to find pinch and Jason ??? getting ready to launch and headed back out. Fished near the pier again, around the point of the first breakwall, and then around the point out to the 2nd breakwall and then back to the first breakwall. Lots of snapper blues around the point and 2nd breakwall and some big schools of bunker running around. Dolphins kept popping up all day as well. The last stop turned out to be the most productive with 6 flounder, 3 oyster toads, and a big croaker landed. I was fishing the inner wall, jigging a 3/8 ounce white bucktail tipped with bluefish while I had it and then pink gulp cut bait after wards. Tossing it right up in the rocks and then bouncing it out to around 14 fow. Most bites came just after it cleared the rocks. Finally called it a day around 1300 so I could make it back in time for the show and caught lunch with Moc, Shield and Surf. A good day overall! Next time I will have to bring some bait and try jigging for Tog.

20.25" Flounder (my only keeper)

Fat and Fuggly, My first Toad

Bait for my next catfishing trip

Comment

This was a great trip! Got my bucket-list flounder on my Grady Custom bucktail.
              She was barely 18, but tasted sooooo good! Lol!

Thanks for the hookup Surfdog..
              GB

Comment

Nice report chimo. that is a great idea for the bunker...just stuff them in a vac bag.

Comment

Working...
                X