august meet & greet aug. 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southerly View Post
    i'm referring to the beach right under the tower.

i like the orvis show. the guy does it, shows how w/o being elitist.
    that's the wrong beach for the M&G we are meeting at the pier and launching there. IDK of another launch unless taking it off road or dragging over the dunes at a swimming beach.

for tackle top/ bottom rigs, jig heads with gulp swim. mullet 6" is not too big, founder pounders, tog rigs if going to the wall tog might be bitting and trigger fish should be there and maybe sheeps heads there are many ways to rig up. im going to use jig head with 6" gulp and flounder pounder on a carolina rig with a pork rind teaser

Toms a real nice guy in person. he saw my kayak and was intersted in kayak fishing

Comment

i should be able to make this one
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled View Post
        i should be able to make this one
        Glad you can make this one....

Comment

I'm hoping I can make this one, looks good so far.
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
            I drove ORV and Went back to the Pier Parking lot. Even with Tufnik's custom made kayak cart for dry sand. It is impossible to drag a cart to the beach from the parking lot. It will be a loooong walk

definetely the permit and a 4wd are required. I also carried a portable tire inflator just in case I had to deflate the tires

joe
            I parked by the pier and just dragged my kayak without a cart on the soft sand. It was't ideal but it worked
            2012 Hobie mirage outfitter (RED)

Comment

i go to the other side of the pier where the kayak rental place is then down to the beach but either side of the pier is ok to launch. i like to jig the pier stumps for flounder some nioce ones have come from there. if you have wheeleez tires its not bad pulling the yak on the beach as long as your on the tide line where its harder

i used to get the beach permit but for out of state its like 140.00 and after my mother in law moved to KI we dont get down to Lewes as much we used to 5-6 years ago

Comment

i'll try and answer some questions brought up again this morning by sheild and moc

entrance fee to CHSP 8.00. before the park opens you fill out an envelope and put 8.00 in it and put it in the box
                DE licence 12 for 7 day 20 for the year
                meeting at the pier parking lot its large and park as close to the front left side
                to get there go straight down 404 follow the signs to cap may ferry once past the ferry maybe a mile you run right into the park
                Irish Eyes in Lewes is a good place to get a cold beer and some food refreash and head back out

im heading down friday after work around 2pm and will be at chsp by 0530 if you need my cell # give me a PM

Comment

I'm in. Planning to get there Friday night as well. Anyone fishing for tog and want to show me the ropes?

Comment

What time are you guys heading out on Saturday?
                    2012 Hobie mirage outfitter (RED)

Comment

Originally posted by YAKQuest View Post
                      What time are you guys heading out on Saturday?
                      Knowing the Dog I would say first light, 5:30 or so maybe.

GB

Comment

I will probably leave somewhere around 2:30am to be at the WaWa on Route 50 by Anglers to pickup some snacks for the road. I plan on being at Wawa at 3:00am, then I will head to Delaware with maybe one stretch stop along the way. If anyone wants to follow each other on the way down like a caravan, then feel free to let me know in this thread or a Bmail.

He SurfDog, I was looking at Google Earth and wanted to confirm with you as to whether this is the correct parking lot and launch area that you were taking about.
                        Attached Files

Comment

i'll get to the pier around 0500 unload and have some coffee and hang out till 0630 or so then hit the water

im sure Grilled and redfish will head out to the wall there might be some tog biting but the waters warm trigger fish are there smae type of rigs for them and sheep head

Comment

Wayne, if I can make it I'd be happy to show you the ropes on tog. I just moved in with the GF and her stuff is arriving on Saturday. She says I should go but I think it is a trap!
                            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                              Wayne, if I can make it I'd be happy to show you the ropes on tog. I just moved in with the GF and her stuff is arriving on Saturday. She says I should go but I think it is a trap!
                              Go for it. It's best to get the being wrong out of the way early in a relationship. Of course some folk like to wait until they are married to always be wrong, but hey, to each his own

Is everyone getting there that early??? I can't leave friday and am coming from St. Mary's county. Had hoped to get a few hours sleep. How many hours from the bay bridge?? I will have my son with me.
                              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                                Go for it. It's best to get the being wrong out of the way early in a relationship. Of course some folk like to wait until they are married to always be wrong, but hey, to each his own

Is everyone getting there that early??? I can't leave friday and am coming from St. Mary's county. Had hoped to get a few hours sleep. How many hours from the bay bridge?? I will have my son with me.

From the BB, it takes me 1 hr 35 min to CHSP. I plan to launch about 8 am.
                                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
                                X