TKAA Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TKAA Tourney

Alrighty so now that we have wrapped up the 2nd Annual CBKA Tourney a lot of us will be heading down south in two weeks. I just wanted to start a thread to see what everyones plans are... When your arriving, leaving, where your fishing, staying, etc.

I think I'm gonna head down on Thursday either midday or in the evening to miss the traffic.

Wont be making this one. 1st island has not really been producing flounder in numbers but therethe are some there. kipto or ocean view reef might be aa better choice for a large flattie. Slot size reds have been caught recently in little creek inlet, back river and elizabeth. Nice specks are coming out of the back river and elizabeth also. Striper are coming off the first island early on plugs are around some shallower pillings.

If you are heading down early check the out Rudee inlet and catch some sheeps at night! Yes they do bite at night.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Not much thoughts on it yet. All I know is that I will head down there Friday morning. I am staying at the Lake Wright on Friday night and Saturday night. I plan to fish Sunday morning before heading home...depending on the weather.

Comment

I will be there. Might have a couple other guys too. Probably heading down Thursday evening and getting a camp ground at Kipto.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
        Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
          I will be there. Might have a couple other guys too. Probably heading down Thursday evening and getting a camp ground at Kipto.
          I might end up going that direction too Thursday... Trying to coordinate something with MDfishin "Tyler", so if we car pool we would drive down the eastern shore.

Comment

i'm heading down on Friday.....staying at the oceans east suite!
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I think I'm going to be fishing Pinch's spot. Probably heading down Friday. Haven't decided on where I'm staying yet, going to iron out a game plan before I book somewhere.

Comment

I'm planning to be there. However, if I become gainfully employed before then it's unlikely I can take Friday off. I'll probably do the Back River and target trout like last year. Had decent action even if not enough size to place. If anyone is interested to hook up let me know...

Comment

Probably heading down thurs night so I can fish CBBT friday morning before the tourney.

Comment

I am definately down to head down thursday night, and fish three days. I'll take off friday tomorrow. I wouldnt mind campin/sleepin in truck or gettin a cheap room.
                    -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
                    -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

I was thinking Back River also for Trout John....let me know if you are interested in testing out those waters.

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled View Post
                        i'm heading down on Friday.....staying at the oceans east suite!
                        I promise not to scare you this time by "knocking on your door"......

Comment

After all of the talk on this thread, I think that I may try to get there early in the morning on Friday, so I can fish the Back River or the HRBT. Not sure which one yet. But I will start fishing at 6:30am if I can remember how to get to the Back River,since that is my first choice. I will fish unitl it is time to check into my hotel and go to the Captain's meeting. I have to be careful when I meet up with Rockchaser......key word "chaser". I have to make sure that I am in condition to wake up for the Sat morning launch. I may fish Sunday morning too, depending on the weather, then head home.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                            I might end up going that direction too Thursday... Trying to coordinate something with MDfishin "Tyler", so if we car pool we would drive down the eastern shore.
                            Let me know what you guys decide. Looks like I might be fishing solo, but maybe we could car pool to the capt.'s meeting Friday night.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                            Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

So, who are the MKF'er that are signed up and going to the TKAA Tournament? From what I gather we have the following so far?

Moc
                              MDFishin
                              Rockchaser
                              Grilled
                              Slap
                              Jffoley
                              CB kayak 02
                              RavensDfense
                              HokieDJ
                              Echo5oscar
                              Medicyaker
                              rhill
                              Metroman
                              BigFluke45
                              Last edited by moc; 09-20-2012, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X