No announcement yet.

TKAA Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone is driving down 95 to 64 and want to caravan down, then let me know. If you do not have my number then just send me a PM.

Comment

I'll be there and am also staying at Lake Wright. I may need to get back for Sunday so right now I am only staying the Friday, but if things work out I may see if I can stay an extra night. My plan now is to head down there Friday morning and hit Lynnhaven before I check in.

Comment

I would like to go down Thursday Night and if Poss share a ride down with someone else. I am splitting a room with Echo5oscar on Friday night at the tournament hotel. I'm willing to split gas and Tolls and even buy lunch on the way down. I'm not sure my truck would make the trip. Another thing, How would most of you go if you left from the annapolis area??? I am considering (if I have to drive myself) going down 301 into Richmond and going east from there. I have a 13ft Ocean Trident and One small overnight bag and a few rods and some tackle. The other thing is that I can't stay until Sunday. I have to work on Sunday so I'd need to come back Saturday night sometime.
        Thanks
        Tom Brown
        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Good luck all, maybe I'll make the tournament next year.
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Im definitely making some mods to my truck to accomodate better sleep. I saw some good ideas at CBKA
            -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
            -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

This weekend's wind and weather forecast looks promising for those who are thinking about CBBT.

Anyone hitting CBBT Friday and Sunday morning?

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
                This weekend's wind and weather forecast looks promising for those who are thinking about CBBT.

Hopefully Sunday Morning!!

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post

I'm hoping to fish CBBT sometime on Friday (not sure when Im arriving), then hopefully HRBT Friday night after the captains meeting. This will be a binge trip for me, thats for sure.
                  <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                    I'm hoping to fish CBBT sometime on Friday (not sure when Im arriving), then hopefully HRBT Friday night after the captains meeting. This will be a binge trip for me, thats for sure.
                    I'm thinking HRBT saturday night after the dinner. A bunch of us did that last year and it was a good time.

Here is my itinerary.....

Friday - Eastern Shore Somewhere/Kiptopeke, Captains Meeting (Sleep at Oceans East)
                    Saturday - Harwood Mills REsevoir, Awards Raffle, HRBT (Sleep Oceans East or HRBT Parking lot??)
                    Sunday- CBBT then head home

Comment

I gotta be to work at 7am at my part time job on Sunday, so unfortunately I'll be headed home after the dinner.

Comment

Kipto sounds good too for Friday, assuming I can't find a buddy to the CBBT...

Comment

I'm looking at

Fri: CBBT or Kipto depending on winds
                          Sat: Tourney, Sat night somewhere? HRBT at night has been a bust for me the last 3 times.
                          Sun: CBBT or Lynnhaven/Rudee/HRBT depending on winds

I think if you want flounders and chance at sheeps, CBBT is the way to go. The inlets and HRBT been looking like it's holding small reds and specks. Flounders have been caught at Kipto.

I'll bring my marine radio and tune it to 68 if anyone wants to holler at me.

Comment

Maybe we should create a phone list of those who are going? So we can keep in touch, or hook up for some fishing, and link up for a party or dinner? If that sounds like a good idea, then send me a PM with your name and contact number and I will compile a list and send it out to everyone who sent me theirs.... Do it soon, because I am heading down this Thursday. Weather looks good so far. It looks like a front is coming through, so we all know how a front makes the winds pick up. Also, there is a chance of thunderstorms only on Friday.

Comment

good luck! make sure to wear your MKF gear!! wish i was going ):

Comment

I just wanted to make sure on something. I DON"T need a Va tidal license if I have a MD Tidal License correct???
                                Tom Brown
                                Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                                2012 Hobie PA 14'
                                Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                                2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
                                X