Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Hobie, and be done with it.

Comment

I don't have the slightest desire to get a Hobie. I just sent back the PA because I didn't like it.

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. I don't think that what I want is made by anyone. I'll try out the Redfish 14 and see how I like it. At least the price is right on that if it becomes yak #5 sitting around the house.

Comment

John,

If I make the Meet and Greet on the 18th you can try out my new Cuda 14. I haven't even got it wet yet. I got it all rigged and now ready to dunk it. I weigh 180 and the guys at Appomattox said it would carry me with no problem. If you recall I had the BigTuna last year. I sold it to get a little bit more maneuverability.
          Don Haller
          Chesapeake Beach, MD
          Blaze Orange, Jackson Kayak "Cuda 14"

“There can’t be good living, where there is not good drinking.”
          – Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I definitely understand your frustration. As easy as it is to fish out of a PA im not totally in love with it either. I fish all freshwater, I dont go very far, and i dont fish while im peddling. Now i do like to stand and fish for bass. But its so big, hard to store, hard to carry. Im really liking the Native Slayer, and the Coosa. Now i like the rod storage for transporting and all, but i dont bring more then 2 tackle boxesd at a time, a few rods, a net and a depth finder. I bring what i need and thats it. I dont need all that space. So im with you Nay Sayer im not 100% sold on the PA, it has some fine advantages But i like the good old paddle around for exercise and shallow water fishing. Im just a frustrated as you are
            Zach Moore
            Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
            Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
            Bait Towel Pro Staff
            2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
            YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

There really is no ideal kayak for all things in all waters- every kayak has its pluses and minuses- and has a niche it fills- like bay boats- great in the bay; not so great in the ocean-

I use both of my kayaks- I use the Outback most of the time, but the Prowler 13 has its niche, too-
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I don't know how well it will do in chop yet, but have you considered a NuCanoe Frontier? It is probably slow compared to the others you are looking and I have only had mine out once, but it handled two people plus fishing gear on a calm river easily. It is very stable and easily configured for solo. The elevated seats are nice and it has a transom you can mount a trolling motor on. I am hoping to get all purpose use out of mine, but if the bay turns out to be to rough, I will just buy a second kayak for those trips.
                2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
                Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

LOL - I said I weigh 180...... I wish! Should read 280!!!

Originally posted by Biggrizzly View Post
                  John,

If I make the Meet and Greet on the 18th you can try out my new Cuda 14. I haven't even got it wet yet. I got it all rigged and now ready to dunk it. I weigh 180 and the guys at Appomattox said it would carry me with no problem. If you recall I had the BigTuna last year. I sold it to get a little bit more maneuverability.
                  Don Haller
                  Chesapeake Beach, MD
                  Blaze Orange, Jackson Kayak "Cuda 14"

“There can’t be good living, where there is not good drinking.”
                  – Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I knew what you meant...

Comment

Working...
                    X