No announcement yet.

CCAMD Red Trout Catch and Release Tournament September 7-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we get a ferry to the southern tip of bloodsworth island? I won't be there but I know some big speck holes there that I would share with tournament participants.
    Last edited by Pinch; 07-26-2013, 10:47 AM.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

In.
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Hey guys,

We have an interested mothership captain and need a rough headcount of those interested. Please post up asap!.

http://events.r20.constantcontact.co...&llr=micrkjkab

Comment

Interested. How much?

Hobie Fishing Team Member
          Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Possibly interested... cost per day and where is the final destination?
            Brian

Comment

I have a call in to the Capt. to find out and waiting for his response. Maybe better to contact directly:

Bay Eagle Charter Fishing
              Captain Larry Laird
              25 Hammock Point Rd.
              Crisfield, MD 21817

410-968-2545 Home
              443-235-6282 Cell

Consider the "Bay Eagle," owned and operated by Capt. Larry Laird, for your next fishing excursion.
              The Bay Eagle is 46 feet long, equipped with GPS, depth finder, radar and radio, licensed and Coast Guard approved for 40 passengers, with a comfortably heated cabin for spring and fall outings. Captain Laird maintains a 100 ton Captain's license, attended Mid-Atlantic Survival & Safety Training, and is licensed to fish in both Maryland and Virginia waters.

Bay Eagle charter packages are designed to fit various fishing preferences:

Spring and Summer Trophy Rock Fishing - stripers from 30 to 50" offered at $720 for 6 people and $120 for each additional person.

Chumming for smaller stripers over 18" - minimum - 9 people @ $80 per person. Ten or more - $75 per person.

Summer bottom fishing for spot, croakers, trout, flounder - minimum 9 people @ $70 per person. Ten or more - $65 per person.

Experience the Chesapeake Bay with Captain Larry Laird.

Comment

I am definitely out. Huge rip off. Tried to line up transportation two May's ago and he tried charging me around $600 for a trip from Deale to Holland Island and back again. Just all around sketchy.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Capt Brady Bounds (forum member) was much more reasonable and professional. But he is likely fishing the tourney.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                  2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I was 50/50 on the idea originally and per Doug's glowing recommendation, I'm no longer interested at this time.
                    Brian

Comment

Sorry guys. Just the messenger here. This was a referral. Don't know anything about the area or the Capt. I called the guy but no response after a couple days. Wasn't a whole lot of interest here anyway. You're better off finding your own way. I don't think you're competing with boats...

Check the CBKA thread for updates on the mid-September event. If you're registered, look for an email with the update...

Comment

9 kayaker registrations for this event right now. Anyone else? I hope the poor review on the possible mothership captain isn't a deterrent. Gotta be plenty of potential launches. Remember, prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for each division (Fly, Light Tackle, and Kayak).

Well, I guess with 9 registrations odds are pretty good! :-) A cross division prize is $500 for the largest speckled trout caught by a CCA member in this event.

If you're not already a member join by Friday, 9/6/13 by 11:59 P.M. Membership is $25. Here's the link: http://www.ccamembership.org/

If you're already a CCA member from any State in the U.S. you're good to go. Just bring your CCA card.

And that $500 for the biggest fish by a CCA member also applies to the CBKA event ( www.cbkainc.com) the following week!!

Comment

I hope it wasnt a detterent for the tournament also. There are plenty of places to launch in the area. I put together this map so everyone can see various launch spots. These are all public facilities that provide access to the various rivers and creeks around the area. Trout and reds can be found from any launch. The Saxis, VA launch is a little further south obviously, but provides access to the Pocomoke Sound.

Deale Island 1 - Wynonaa, MD Launch. Provides access to the Manokin and Little Deale Island.

Deale Island # 2 - Provides access to the Manokin River.

Rumbley, MD launch - Provides access to the Manoking River to the north and the Big Annemessex to the south.

Crisfield, MD #1 - Provides access to the Big Annemessex river.

Crisifeld # 2 - Janes Island launch.

Crisifield, # 3 - Somers Cover marina launch, Easy access to Janes Island and main stem of the bay.

Crisifeld # 4 Jenkins Creek - Access to the main stem of the bay and possibly pocomoke sound (about a 5 mile paddle)

Saxis, VA - Pocomoke Sound

The majority of these launches are within approx 10-15 minutes of the "weigh-in" location. The Deale Island launches and the Saxis, VA launch are slightly further, but great fisheries. Worth checking out and will probably have less pressure from tournament participants. Per rules of the tournament, you are able to launch anywhere, so long as you are back in line by the required time.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                          2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Anybody looking to stay overnight? I'm looking to save a round trip of gas and 45 minutes each way by staying over in Crisfield, possibly. I'm only looking to stay Saturday night. Cpt. Tyler's only has one room left with double beds for $80+tax. Sleeping bags on the floor are fine with me too if more want in to split the cost.
                            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
                              <snip>I don't think you're competing with boats...
                              Did I miss something somewhere along the line?
                              Laura (aka zeebyrd)
                              Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

So we get the rulers Friday night? Sat AM? I'm unclear on the starting procedures.
                                14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                                2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
                                X