December M&G 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
    The main kayak launch is a gravel ramp. If you come early enough you can park right next to it and carry your kayak and things a few feet. If not you can use regular wheels.

There is also a concrete (2) ramp but depending on the number of boats launching it may be difficult to use.
    Mustafa is right. You can launch from the beach, or from the boat ramp. The last few times I went, I just parked in front of the kayak launch and carried my kayak and gear to the beach area. Here is a pic of the kayak launch from my parked car:

And here's the kayak launch area on the beach:

The beach can look slightly different depending on the tide:
    Sun Fishin'

Comment

The park has cleaned up the ramp and removed all of the rocks. It is a much nicer launch now.
      Jim

Hobie Outback
      TKAA member
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Looks like I won't be making this one after all...heading to Kiptopeke and Norfolk for the weekend.

Comment

Please put me down as a maybe.

Thanks.
          Laura (aka zeebyrd)
          Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

I hope the weather holds off! Can't compete with driving in freezing rain

Comment

weather does look pretty crappie!

couldn't resist...

Seriously though, the weather could push me out of this one..
              2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Originally posted by OVERBOARD View Post
                weather does look pretty crappie!

couldn't resist...

Seriously though, the weather could push me out of this one..
                Haha good one. So far, it is looking OK for the morning. Rain isn't forecasted to start until mid-afternoon. The winds are also pretty light too.
                Sun Fishin'

Comment

We will all be huddled under the docks protected from the rain anyway lol. And if your dressed to take a dunk in 40 degree water alittle rain on your shoulders shouldnt bother you
                  Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                  -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                  -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

I may have to sit this one out as well. Too old (and wise) to go out in that mess.

Comment

I'm out. Just a little too nasty for my taste. I'd rather put up the Christmas tree with my family, have a glass of wine, and sit in front of the fireplace. I'll be thinking of you though.
                      Hurricane Skimmer 128
                      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

They are calling for 3-6 inches for my neck of the woods....no good for me. No 4wd. Looks like I'll be out as well. For those who go, be safe and have fun!

Comment

Count me out as well. It looks like I'll be stuck in the office for much of tomorrow. Boo!
                          Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

Looks like I'm most likely not going to be able to make it tomorrow. Change in tonight's plans seem like they will impact tomorrow.
                            -Mustafa
                            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                            2016 Hobie Outback
                            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Dang, dropping like flies! Im still going. Im picking up minnows tonight. Anybody else want any, shoot me a pm.
                              Ryan
                              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I'm gonna have to change to doubtful/game-time-decision for tomorrow depending on the rain/snow/sleet.

Comment

Working...
                                X