Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
    How did everyone do? Where's the pics!?
    I'm wondering the same thing. No pics or reports yet makes those of us who have to live vicariously through the rest of you sad...

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

I fished the flats on Friday for a few hours. Nothing. I saw a bunch of other guys out...with nothing to show for their efforts. Hopefully Saturday was better.
      Jason

Comment

I'm dying here waiting for all the Flats reports. For the past week, I've been watching the Havre deGrace CBIBS bouy data for water turbidity and temperature like a starving hawk. Seems it's taking forever for the Susky to settle down and clear up. As of today, turbidity reads indicate clarity is about 18" (barely acceptable) and temps are hovering around 51F, (55F-60F would have been better).
        Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

in short: for the most part it sucked. The weather was beautiful. The biggest striper caught was 46". A monster. The other two were 34" & 28" that placed (Grilled had the 28").

I trolled for hours just like everyone else. No love from the stripers.
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Skunked again...put in so many miles, I need an oil change. Water clarity was a huge factor. As of this morning, the dam is still in spill conditions with zero gates open. Turbidity is thankfully dropping, water temps were right on...50.5 degrees. The stripers are there, they just cant see
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Based on the available intel, water temps and previous week reports I didn't even launch. Plenty of shad in Deer Creek. :-)

The event was great, good times, good stories and the bbq was excellent. Now that the event is over there will probably be many reports this week!

Congrats to Len for that fish of a lifetime! Looks forward to seeing the pics.

Comment

Water was very cloudy, highest temps on the grass beds got up to about 55 degrees later in day, Skunked again, but had a great time!....Jack

Comment

I just got back from the flats (again today). I wasn't fishing but decided to take the wife on a hike along the susquehanna trail. Rock Run by the mill was full of herring. I could have watched them for a long time but the wife, eh, not so much. She got tired of hearing me talk about fishing. We saw a ton of toads mating, as well as a pair of very large turtles. Love was in the air, so those stripers must be around. Everything else is.

After the hike we went to Tydings to have some food water side at the Promenade Grill. Looking over the flats, no boats. Wind was pushing up water from the south. It looked pretty muddy to me still.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Kokatat Pro Staff
                  Torqeedo Pro Staff
                  Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                  Alan

Comment

I launched out of Jean Roberts - trolled around even tried for some white perch nada.. zilch.. regardless good time and got to meet redfish - metroman - catfish jim

Comment

Working...
                    X