No announcement yet.

May M&G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno if they are there right now or not but have definately seen people crabbing right near the beach and all along the JGP side of the Severn. One word of caution, those guys on the pier can really chuck some lead with their surf rods ( couple close misses ) but just outside their range is a nice drop off and some humps Caught a bunch or rock there one day last fall while the pier fishermen looked on in envy Good fishin

Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by chimo View Post
      Dunno if they are there right now or not but have definately seen people crabbing right near the beach and all along the JGP side of the Severn. One word of caution, those guys on the pier can really chuck some lead with their surf rods ( couple close misses ) but just outside their range is a nice drop off and some humps Caught a bunch or rock there one day last fall while the pier fishermen looked on in envy Good fishin

Chimo
      How is moral over there?

Comment

There is a post on another site about catching croakers off the Severn River fishing pier See you Saturday.

Comment

Sounds like a good chance for my May fish...... I never had a problem with the folks at Jonas Green. They were always interested in my yak. One time I felt like I was giving a kayak lesson to future kayakers once they saw for themselves of what you can do from a yak as opposed to shore. You do have to watch for the lead flying into the water from the peir fisherman, but there is no problem from the beach where you would launch.

Comment

Most fishing piers have signs posted to warn boaters to stay away at least 300 feet- I have seen boats cut lines right off the end of the pier- actually buzz the fishermen on purpose- that is what started the lead flying- The pier folks feel like their space is being invaded by boaters who have all the water away from the pier while they only have the water around the pier to fish. I respect their turf because I know that there are always some on that pier who can really chunk a sinker a long way and the last thing you want is an eight oz pyramid sinker bouncing off of you or putting a big ding in your yak.
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by eastonkayaker View Post
              How is moral over there?
              Moral isn't to bad. Most of the guy's over here are taking more of a wait and see standpoint to the whole OBL thing. Glad they put one between his eyes but it dosn't really change anything for them. He wasn't putting IED's in culverts or lobbing 107's into the FOB's so......

Never had an issue with people on the beach either and wouldn't have had one with the people on the pier either, just didn't realize exactly how far they could cast !!! If you guys make it down by where the Navy's boats are parked, theres a chunk of concrete thats submerged but has a warning sign on it... Lots of white perch there last summer. Catch one for me guys

Chimo

Comment

Is there trailer parking at Jonas Green State Park

Will I be able to park my PA trailer at the park? Is there an admission charge?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BadAssBass View Post
                  Will I be able to park my PA trailer at the park? Is there an admission charge?

Thanks
                  There is no fee, the web site says "car top launch" not sure if there is an area for trailer parking or if there is another ramp close by, maybe someone else has more info?

Comment

I do not believe that they have provisions for trailers. It was always cartop launch that I saw. That is why when I use to use my 16 foot canoe there, I had to cartop it. That being said, I am not sure if you can drag your yak to the beach then park your car somewhere outside of the park?

Any way, my schedule is definitely cleared for Saturday. So I can confirm that I will be there at 8:00am.

Comment

I won't be able to fish, my son has a baseball game at 09:00 but I will try to be at the park by 08:00 with some Sport Tek T-shirt samples. The one caveat is that I'm on call all weekend, so if called to work, I won't be there. Hope to see you all tomorrow.
                      Hobie PA 12

Comment

Hopefully we will see you then....

Comment

So how many of you are definitely coming on Saturday to Jonas? I know Bryan, myself and Surf will be there.... anyone else is a definite?
                          Last edited by moc; 05-06-2011, 08:48 PM.

Comment

GBs in.

Comment

im there

Pinch is in
                              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I'm looking out at a storm coming in

. . . just what we need. More rain. From my experience, a lot of water ususally screws up freshwater fishing for at least a day or two. How does it affect the bay or the backwaters near the bay?

Comment

Working...
                                X