No announcement yet.

What a day on the Eastern Shore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol nah. We almost cancelled the trip but I couldn't refund the hotel. We are about to drive back through then head home. Thanks though!
    2016 NuCanoe Pursuit 13.5
    2015 F&S Shadowcaster 12
    2008 Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT 12
    2011 Native Ultimate 14.5

Comment

Those of you who chose to watch the royal wedding instead of heading to Blackwater made a wise decision. I couldnt get anything to bite save a 24” striper to avoid the skunk. Picked it up by casting under the 335 bridge with an Anthrax topwater. My luck I pick up a nice striper in an area where I can’t keep it. Water was too high to get under the bridge but I layed everything down and laid down flat in the kayak and used my hands to walk myself under the bridge. Not recommended for those with poor limbo skills.

Weather wasn’t that bad rain wise until I was leaving at 2:30. The east side of the bridge had a lot of chop with white caps though.

Bring bug spray!!!!!
      Last edited by nhunter344; 05-21-2018, 11:56 AM.
      "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
      Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Thats my preferred launch spot.

Wish you had pics of crab-walking under the bridge, i've wondered how people get over there when the launch is on the west side!
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Last edited by silasvirus82; 05-29-2018, 09:03 AM.
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Nice! What did you get it on?
            Native Slayer 12
            Native Ultimate

Comment

John - Wow the one in the video is a HOSS, did you get a length/weight? Looks like 30+ and 10lb+! We definitely need to linkup in June!

Comment

What a day on the Eastern Shore

Originally posted by gliebig View Post
                Nice! What did you get it on?
                Chatterbait

And mchottie I believe it was 35” and 14-15lbs. It was really hard getting a measurement on these slimy fish. I have a picture at 34” for sure and I’m definitely going back in June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by silasvirus82; 05-24-2018, 09:35 AM.
                2015 Hobie Outback
                2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I've never fished for these before. Are they way back in the thick stuff or do you get them in more open water? How did the water look down there? Settling back to normal after all this rain?
                  Native Slayer 12
                  Native Ultimate

Comment

I've never fished for these before. Are they way back in the thick stuff or do you get them in more open water? How did the water look down there? Settling back to normal after all this rain?
                    No clue, I haven’t been back since early this month. I found this one in fairly open water.

2015 Hobie Outback
                    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

What is the trick to these things? I've tried throwing into the grass. Parallel to the grass. Out in the open. Frogs. Chatterbaits. Spinnerbaits. Spooks. Can't buy a friggin bite.
                      Fished from 7am to 3. My buddy caught the one bite he had. I didn't get a sniff.
                      We put in at Blackwater paddle adventures. Made a huge loop up north then went under a little bridge and made another huge loop down to where it opens up then fished back. Nada. Zip.
                      Could see and hear them in the grass just couldn't get a bite
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by gliebig; 05-28-2018, 08:09 PM.
                      Native Slayer 12
                      Native Ultimate

Comment

What is the trick to these things? I've tried throwing into the grass. Parallel to the grass. Out in the open. Frogs. Chatterbaits. Spinnerbaits. Spooks. Can't buy a friggin bite.
                        Fished from 7am to 3. My buddy caught the one bite he had. I didn't get a sniff.
                        We put in at Blackwater paddle adventures. Made a huge loop up north then went under a little bridge and made another huge loop down to where it opens up then fished back. Nada. Zip.
                        Could see and hear them in the grass just couldn't get a bite
                        Finding them. I didn’t catch any either for several outings, then I guess we got lucky. Fish for them like you would largemouth, I caught several while trying to find these. I'm sure the crazy weather is having an impact too. Maybe wait for calmer skies.

You guys also just came in after the big snakehead tournament, which culled out the dumb ones and smarten up to smart ones, haha.

Last edited by silasvirus82; 05-29-2018, 09:09 AM.
                        2015 Hobie Outback
                        2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

We put in at Blackwater paddle adventures.
                          Do they charge a launch fee / parking?

Comment

I don't think they were open. My friend got the ok from the owner.
                            It was a frustrating day. Saw tons of sh just wouldn't eat. Are they spawning right now?
                            We're we in the right place? Never been there before. Thought it was odd that we paddled 6.5 miles and didn't see another kayaker
                            Native Slayer 12
                            Native Ultimate

Comment

Working...
                            X