No announcement yet.

Occuquan - Sat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe told me he saw some of it when we were back at the launch... too funny man! He was probably just jealous your rod was longer.

He's been there every time I have, guess that's his hole....

Phil's the man!
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

That old guy was pretty brave.. Talking trash like he was to 7 guys in kayaks who could rush him like ninjas from below...

At one point he looked right at me and said "Don't make me come down there and show you a thing or two" I just said.. Excuse me? and stared him down and he walked away.

Meadeo
      2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

It was very nice to fish with a bunch of kayakers. I learned a lot by just watching how they presented various lures

I tried very hard to find keeper YP. I caught a few small YP. Chris tried once briefly right after I went home. He caught keeper YP. I am done with YP this year. Hopefully, the next year will be better. I lost all ΒΌ oz Silver Buddies. Next year I will order 20 before January. I want to see a kayak-angler catches a big flathead cat on a Silver Buddy while fishing for YP

Currently, Flathead catfish, blue catfish, crappie, bluegill, yellow perch and LMB are available. In few weeks, Shad will come

Fishing Log of Feb 15, 18 and 20 in Occoquan, VA
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Joe-

I love the flat head catfish on the silver Buddie!!! Thanks for taking and sharing your fishing experiences.

Meadeo

Comment

Meadeo,
            I can't go fishing today because the work schedule changed late last night. But I will be fishing tomorrow afternoon. I am going to buy a pack of flounder rigs with blades and some packs of split shots. I will put a 3.5-5 inch swimbait on the hook and will troll for 3 hours for Walleye. This is my plan for tomorrow. If it doesn't work I will try two plastic crank-bait I bought yesterday

Joe
            Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

That was a good variety of species, and congrats on the flathead. That was a pretty nice bass, too. I wish I lived closer.
              Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I guess I'm doing something wrong haha. For the next month or so what are some good lures to try out. I keep reading about this smelly jelly? I think I might need to buy some jig heads as well.
                -Jon
                Revo 13

Comment

Is anyone planning to fish Occaquan this Sunday?
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
                    Yea Im thinking about it. I want to try Saturday but I might swing back for Sunday as well. I dont live too far.
                    -Jon
                    Revo 13

Comment

I've been wanting to try occoquan from a yak for a while now. If a few of you guys are going and the wife gives me the thumbs up I might try to make it on Sunday.

Also the Grand-Mart (asian market) near my place in Reston off of route 7 sells bunker that are pretty fresh. $1.49 a lb... nice catfish bait

Justin

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
                        Shady,
                        I am not planning on it. But if you are coming, I will be there at around 10:30am.

Can you post something on Saturday? So I know you're comming.

Thanks,
                        Joe
                        Last edited by ComeOnFish; 03-02-2012, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Joe,
                          I think I will be coming down on Sunday to fish Occuquan and I think Matt (CBKayak 02) is planning to go to. Do you normally launch at Occuquan Regional Park? Is there a fee to launch there? I plan to bring minnows, salties and various lures. If you need minnows I can pick some up for you...
                          Ryan
                          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Is the water all muddy and blown out in the river?

Meadeo

Comment

I would guess it would be muddy. The Occoquan reservoir gets muddy at the drop of a hat. A 1/4 inch or more of rain can muddy the reservoir up for a few days. It's possible that it hasn't made it down that far, though.
                              Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

o, I didnt even think of that and its going to rain tomorrow too... can anyone confirm the state of the river?
                                Ryan
                                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                                X