No announcement yet.

Occuquan - Sat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not bad. I'm not on the water though. I don't know where to launch from. The park has a $4 cash only fee.
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Comment

I've decided to got to Mattawoman to try my luck for bluecats. Good luck if anyone is headed out to Occuquaun tomorrow.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

We had heavy rain for a long time. Occoquan will be very muddy
        Joe
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
          We had heavy rain for a long time. Occoquan will be very muddy
          Joe
          It was my first time there yesterday. Maybe it gets much more clear but it seemed decent to me. visibility wasnt the greatest but it wasnt brown. Now that doesnt mean today it wont be a different story.

I caught one fish. 10" crappie swimming above a deep spot at 8'. I was useing an artificial minnow with black 1/8 jig head
          -Jon
          Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
            I've decided to got to Mattawoman to try my luck for bluecats. Good luck if anyone is headed out to Occuquaun tomorrow.
            I would of join you today at Mattawoman. I was thinking about it, but I got under the weather yesterday evening and deciding to take a day of rest. Next time.

Comment

I tried the Occoquan today from the banks. I didn't catch anything, but I was mostly just checking for Shad with a spoon and dart. I tried nightcrawlers also, but I didn't catch anything. I had much better luck out in the channel today with nightcrawlers. Caught 3 cats ranging from 18 in - 24 in after fishing for about one hour.

Comment

Working...
              X