No announcement yet.

June 11 Meet and Greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Bill for the picks. Too bad the storm chased us off the water early. I am sure we would have stayed out longer on the water.....until next time.

Comment

• Bill,
      Great Pics.
      Boy did I make a mistake Sat. I was getting nothing so I decided to paddle the canoe around the point and see how my favorite grounds were fairing.....well they did not fair too well. It was so much rougher, that I decided not to chance coming back around the point and sailed down to the creek mouth. There, I chased some little bluefish without much result.
      When the storm descended I tried to try paddling out to the pet beach (which is a designated kayak/canoe launch) but the cove was full of rollers. My options limited at that point, I decided to hide the canoe and come back for it in the morning.
      I was rushing to get loaded the next AM around 6...I had talked the girls at the gate into giving me a short time to get the boat without charging me an entrance fee. As I rounded the jetty....without my fishing rod...there was an explosion of rockfish. I would not venture a number, but it was quite a group right against the rocks..
      Good thing I fish for fun, not for a living!
      Last edited by kevinfry; 06-13-2011, 03:12 PM. Reason: mispelling
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

• Probably schoolies, too small to keep. In recent weeks I don't hear much of anyone catching anything 18" or larger.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
        X