Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockaholick View Post
    +1!
    Count me in....would love a fresh water meet and greet...
    While it's true much of the M&G schedule is on the bay somewhere we did add a snakehead hunt on Mattawoman Creek for July 9th. Bring your topwater baits!

Here's the full thread: http://www.snaggedline.com/boatyard/...light=schedule

And I'm very much interested in an upper Potomac float. Not an area I've explored a great deal so would be into it...

Comment

Would like to attend.

I'd like to attend, but my time is not my own on most weekends due to sporting games for my kids. So I'm lucky to get out for a couple of hours here and there. Last night was a perfect example. Only had 1 hour on the water before it got dark.

If anyone is fishing Triadelphia or Rocky Gorge I highly recommend hitting them the last couple of hours before the sun sets. That seems to be when I catch most of my fish there. Have had terrible luck in the middle part of the day at those places for some reason.

Also, right now the tops of those two reservoirs have terrible water clarity. It definitely makes sense to launch from the middle or lower parts of those reservoirs to find better water conditions.

Comment

got out toay for freshwater and ended up with about 60 fish. redeye bass, bluegill, carp and 2 nice rainbows. no kayak today though. waded in using an ultralight rod throwing joe flies size 10. brown and orange winning colors. Patapsco river
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I got out today as well for a few hours. My younger cousins were home from college, and they go to this community lake. Pretty nice size body of water. Caught about three LB and half large mouth. They were hitting on a nice Mepps Rooster Tail. I got my first one on a all white rooster tail, and then my next two were on gold and dark rooster tail. I've been having the best luck with those over plastics. For some reason the texas rig with plastics and me I have no luck...Maybe I'm rigging them wrong. Anyways..I would love to get out there soon with you guys. I'm not far from Tridelphia or Rocky Gorge.

I'll def have to try them closer toward the sunsetting...b/c I have no luck during mid day.

Speaking of Tridelphia...Do you all ever keep carp? I saw all these guys catch these huge 20 in carp at Tridelphia yesterday. I didnt think they were good eating at all. They had like 10 stringed up.

Comment

Lousy Photos of 19.5 incher

Comment

Ok, here is the plan. Spoke with fredneckyaker offline and we planning on meeting at the parking area under the point of rocks bridge @ 800am on Sunday. From there we will load the yaks into the most accomodating vehicle and drive up to brunswick to start our float downstream. Anyone is welcome to join in. I can fit 4-5 in my tacoma for the shuttle upstream. Should be a good time, weather is supposed to be great. Posting this from my phone so I can get the info out to those interested but will post up specifics tomorrow.
              Digital Livewell

Comment

yes, please add specifics!
                Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Drat! Can't do Sunday. Would really like to do one of these. Hopefully another can be organized sometime down the road.

Best of luck, guys! Should be a nice day for it...

Comment

Originally posted by the_kegs View Post
                    Ok, here is the plan. Spoke with fredneckyaker offline and we planning on meeting at the parking area under the point of rocks bridge @ 800am on Sunday. From there we will load the yaks into the most accomodating vehicle and drive up to brunswick to start our float downstream. Anyone is welcome to join in. I can fit 4-5 in my tacoma for the shuttle upstream. Should be a good time, weather is supposed to be great. Posting this from my phone so I can get the info out to those interested but will post up specifics tomorrow.
                    I would love to join you guys, but I have pre obligations already. Let me know how it turns out. I would love to join you all next time for sure!

Comment

Wow went to rock bridge today. Personal best smb and blue gill. Pictures maybe video later.
                      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Very cool!! Yea we are meeting at 8 on sunday morning. Not sure the specifics as this is my first run on the potomac and dont know all the logistics yet. But sure to be a good day of fishing.
                        Malibu Stealth 14
                        Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

18 1/4'' SMB one of many.

Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by the_kegs View Post
                            Unless you have white water experience and can handle class III and IV rapids, the water is too fast to safely paddle this weekend.

Flows are at 5 feet. Potomac River Small Club members float this stretch often and they don't chance it unless the levels are at 3 feet or less. Not only are the flows at 5 feet, USGS is forcasting an increase in levels, likely being fed from heavy rains to the west.

I double=checked with a PRSC officier and he STRONGLY recommends an alternate destination this weekend and reschedule POR later this month. I've floated it many times and the fishing can be great. Just not this weekend.

Maybe BlackHills lake?

Comment

The current was moving under the bridge quick. If I drifted it id go just over 2kts. Thank god I had the motor
                              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Hmm, sounds like it may be too risky this weekend. Western MD has had some nasty storms roll through in the past couple of days. I floated the Monocacy yesterday and the water was pretty darn slow. Other options out this way...BlackHills, Linganore, Monocacy. A little worried that Black Hills will be packed. Opinions?
                                Digital Livewell

Comment

Working...
                                X