No announcement yet.

SMOG meet and greet at St Inigoes July 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like John Rentch and Mark, I will try to attend. We are likely to drive down the day before and fish somewhere else in the area, then stay in a motel overnight.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
      The Southern Maryland Old Guys (SMOG) will be hosting an informal meet and greet at St Inigoes in southern St Mary’s on Saturday July 20. High tide is 5:15 and we will be launching at 5:30 to fish the falling tide. Lunch afterwards at Courtney’s around noon.

We are seeing speckled trout already and hopefully some reds will be showing up by then as well. Flounder should also be up on the flats, but bragging rights if you get one over 12”.

Hope some of you can make it. We are a long way from everything but that’s what makes it special.
      I'm going to try and make this. Hey Pat, let's re-visit the old stomping grounds! Pat and I both went to St. Mary's and during grad school there I actually lived on St. Inigoe's road in that neighborhood. It's a beautiful place to fish, and I'd love to catch my first Speck and/or red. And Courtney's for lunch already has me stoked. I've been wanting to make a trip down there to fish for some time now, so this looks like it could be it. Thanks for organizing SMOG guys!
      Matt
      Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
      2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
      10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

Originally posted by Yakmac View Post
        I’m in!!

Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        If Keith is in, you KNOW i'm in...

That perch spot I found you in last time was very productive, and lunch is never a dull moment!

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
        unless your looking for “extra curricular “ activities. Same with Days Inn.
        That's how you SMOG guys stay young right???
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Sign me up for fishing and lunch! Thanks for putting this together.

Comment

I should be able to make it for both.

Comment

If it's lunch at Courtneys again, i'm REALLY trying to shift my schedule around to accommodate!
              Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

That is currently the plan. There appears to be a lot of interest in this M&G and I’m a little worried about parking. They are doing some sort of work along the sea wall and the last time we went a lot of the single car parking was occupied by equipment and fill material. I’ll be driving by after the 4th to see how it’s looking. Our back up is St George’s launch, we typically just call it Piney Point
                For those unfamiliar with Courtney’s it’s a secret gem of Maryland and regularly ranked among the best seafood houses in the state. Building is cinderblock and the inside is straight out of casting of a 50’s roadhouse. Courtney is charmingly crusty if in the house and the fish your eating probably caught by him.
                Mike
                Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Big Mike-while I'm no currently there and won't be able to make the M&G due to a previously scheduled camping trip. Have you guys also considered either BHP or Jackie Russell's launch? Fishing has picked up for me in the south end and am looking forward to what mid summer brings. Thanks for organizing this M&G!
                  Tight lines
                  Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
                  Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
                  Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
                  Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

You can put me down as a maybe for both fishing and lunch. I have a wedding to attend and family from out of town, so it will depend on when I get freed up.
                    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
                    2016 Hobie Outback LE
                    Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Originally posted by ski357 View Post
                      Big Mike-while I'm no currently there and won't be able to make the M&G due to a previously scheduled camping trip. Have you guys also considered either BHP or Jackie Russell's launch? Fishing has picked up for me in the south end and am looking forward to what mid summer brings. Thanks for organizing this M&G!
                      If we do St Georges then folks could certainly launch at Jack’s place. The issue there would be parking for a large crowd, especially with folks like me who trailer hogging up his parking area. Not familiar with BHP.
                      Mike

Comment

Looking forward to it and please put me down for both fishing and lunch.

Comment

I'm also officially in for this, both fishing and lunch. Looking forward to it fellas!
                          Matt
                          Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
                          2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
                          10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

I’m not going to beat around the bush, the fishing at St Inigoes sucks right now. I went yesterday fishing tide conditions very close to what we’ll have on the 20th and in 2 1/2 hours from 5-7:30 I snagged a 3” spot. I’ll generously say I had 2 tugs. There was an almost total lack of baitfish in the area, something we’ve noted on other trips there this year. I do not anticipate it getting better.
                            We’ll still be there but if you’re traveling long distance or getting a hotel room I’d advise against it until we can give more positive reports on the fishing. Hate to see folks come all this way to drag dead water. If I was a charter captain I’d cancel your trip, that’s how bad it’s been.
                            Last edited by Big Mike; 07-05-2019, 12:00 PM.
                            Mike

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Mike, will get back to you after talking with John V and Mark B.
                              John Rentch
                              Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                              Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Mike - Sorry to hear of the slow fishing. Many areas around the bay are facing similar poor fishing this summer. Are there any of the spots that the SMOG group typically fishes that are likely to yield better results?
                                John Veil
                                Annapolis
                                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                                X