May M&G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BadAssBass View Post
    . . . just what we need. More rain. From my experience, a lot of water ususally screws up freshwater fishing for at least a day or two. How does it affect the bay or the backwaters near the bay?
    I have a friend who is a commercial fishermen out of Maine, he swears the best fishing is right after a storm.

Comment

The weather forecast for Annapolis as of now...

Tonight: Scattered showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. West wind between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 72. North wind at 8 mph becoming south.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Sunday: A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 70. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 52. Calm wind.

Comment

good times

Awesome day. Sitting at griffins now drinkin. Croakers and perch for me today. Can't wait til june
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

First Rockfish 2011

Had a great time today, a little windy this morning, but turned out to be a very nice day. Caught all my fish on a 1/4 oz yellow/green/pink jighead with a 1" orange grub worm. Was busy catching perch when the rockfish started biting, attached picture was largest, just over 25".

Aesiagel stopped by with some sample t-shirts, very nice shirts. His neighbor is in the t-shirt business. Will be good shirts for the logo.
          Attached Files

Comment

Skunk smell gone thanks to MOC and EastonKayaker

I've been out four times on the PA - twice to Piscataway creek; once to Black hills, then to Jonas this morning with the rest of the guys.

Almost didn't get to fish. Park ranger told me I couldn't park the trailer at Jonas. (Is that why they're called park rangers?) Explained that I had called the trails office in advance and was told the contrary. The ranger was decent enough to let me stay for the day but not again.

I was skunked on the rive in the morning. Fished big crankbait, baby shad and a jig.

After lunch with SurfDog, Pinch, and Moc,went with MOC to Road River neard Davidsonville. Finally washed off the skunk smell after catching a 12" Rock with a 1/4 oz jig with 1 inch orange grub worm. If it sounds familiar, it is because EastonKayaker used the same tackle to catch his 25 inch rock. He shared some with me in the morning after telling me the combo was the tackle he wouldn't leave home without. So thanks, EastoneKayaker and Moc. I don't smell so bad now.

Comment

Sounds like a good day on the water. I'm sorry I missed it, but it wasn't in the cards with yesterday's schedule. June should be good.
              Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

It was a good time and the Blue Moon Beer at Griffins was very smooth. The morning water was very decieving with the winds still blowing, but once we launched you realized that the yaks were made for this and on the yaks the water felt amost calm. In about 1 hour the winds died down and the water was calm. I caught a mess of perch up to 11 inches on bloodworms. Steve and I went to the Rhode River where I got to witness his getting the skunk off for the day with a rock. I feel privileged to be the first to witness his first catch off of his boat. I will post pictures later, since I am heading to the Eastern shore with Rehner for some croaker fishing and exploring of another river the Nanticoke River. Everyone who fished today got their skunk off except for one yaker that left early so I did not get to talk to him to see how he did. We also met tons of other yakers out there that was not part of our group and introduced them to Snaggedline.com Maryland Kayak Fishing. They were quite interested and excited about it. Alot of them were just getting into kayak fishing.

Comment

Awesome that everyone got some fish! Congratz on the Rock on artificials Brian and BadAss! Sorry we slept in too much to make it there before hitting Chessy beach, sounds like we missed a good time.

Comment

Not everyone TJ. Bah humbug! Surfdog & I went north and launch out of weems for the M&G skunk..

GB

Comment

can anyone give me info on the Jamaica Bay Tourn? Is this a kayak only tournament or a general type of fishing tournament that allows Kayaks??
                      Thanks
                      Tom
                      Tom Brown
                      Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                      2012 Hobie PA 14'
                      Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                      2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Here you go Tom - http://www.snaggedline.com/boatyard/...hlight=jamaica

It's a kayak only tournament (but kayaks with motors are fine) that benefits Casting for Recovery. I participated last year and it was a lot of fun. There's a decent sized group of us heading up this weekend, are you interested?
                        Used to fish more.

Comment

Well dang, rules of odds says that with one skunk out of the way, you should be more likely to do well on the next trip.

Originally posted by Grady-Black View Post
                          Not everyone TJ. Bah humbug! Surfdog & I went north and launch out of weems for the M&G skunk..

GB

Comment

Originally posted by tj06sti View Post
                            Well dang, rules of odds says that with one skunk out of the way, you should be more likely to do well on the next trip.
                            I hope so! We went all the way to the concrete ships at Kiptopek last week without a bite :-((

Comment

its you, i swear! like the albatross fly over me. soon as i launched a bw off the wall after you left i caught a 13.5" hardhead and the river was smooth and flat mmmmmmmmmmmm nachos and beer

Comment

Redfish, no unfortunately I will not be able to make the NY Trip this year but with a years notice I can plan on going next year. Do they sell Event/Tournament TShirts at the Tournament? If so could you pick up one for me. I wear an XL and color doesnt matter. Im willing to meet to give you the money in advance. (nothing over $25.) or when you get back. Do you know anything about the Easton Tournament? When, where fee/donation etc... Thanks,
                                Tom
                                Tom Brown
                                Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                                2012 Hobie PA 14'
                                Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                                2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
                                X