No announcement yet.

June 11 Meet and Greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill, Good intel. Thanks! Looking forward to this one. Definitely would like to try some after sunset fishing.

Up north we seemed to always catch a better grade of fluke, er, flounder in 25-30' of water. Channel edges, natural drop offs, near rock piles all important.

I like the looks of those rocks in 22' of water near the 30' contour line. The drop off at Cornfield Point looks interesting as well:
    http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/12233.shtml

Comment

I will be there on the 11th. Just let me know what time we will meet and where?

Comment

I have been reading the posts on this thread. For the newer kayakers, this is a good meet for you. These guys will help you get started. There a folks of all levels that will be fishing. Where better else could you get started in bigger water than with a group of experienced kayak anglers like these. You should really try to make the M&G. These are fun.

Myself, I am working that day . ...but for those who make the trip, good luck.

Comment

just found out the Army approved surgery for some issues i picked up in afghanistan. Hopefully they wont schedule me until after the M&G.... gah supposed to be an 8 week recovery so my kayaking may be put on hold for a bit at the end of june.
          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I hope you can make it. The 8wk recovery time stinks, but there's still plenty of good fishing to do in the late summer and early fall. That's when the striper topwater bite really takes off.
            Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
            Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I'm thinking about doing some trolling maybe inside of a mile southeast from the Lighted House at the point. Anyone know what the fishing will be like out there?

After that, maybe come in to Cornfield Harbor for some flounder late in the afternoon.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Anyone know if there's a fish cleaning house with ice box nearby? I'd like to come, but it's a long drive down and I'd have to camp out for the weekend. I would need an area to store any fish caught for a few days since a cooler won't hold freeze that long.
                2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

There is a fish cleaning area, and the camp/marina store sells ice. The "5-day" coolers by Igloo work pretty well. I've kept ice in them for three days. Plus, fish cooked over a campfire is hard to beat.
                  Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                  Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                    There is a fish cleaning area, and the camp/marina store sells ice. The "5-day" coolers by Igloo work pretty well. I've kept ice in them for three days. Plus, fish cooked over a campfire is hard to beat.
                    Alright then, I'll be there.
                    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Here is a pic of Point Lookout's fish cleaning station. It is screened in.
                      Attached Files

Comment

That's a very clean image because every time I'm there it stinks and full of flys

So what's the official meet time? I think I will be able to make this one but I'm not sure
                        if I can do the 4:30 - 8:30 thing.

Comment

Just to make organization a little easier, I created a Facebook event for this. Feel free to sign up if you have a fb account.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=205888976115019

If the time frame needs adjusting or anything else, just mention so I can edit it.
                          2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Point Lookout

Hello all,

I would recomend launching from the camp store beach. They charge full price launch fees at the ramp $10.00, even for kayaks. Free at the store. Plenty of parking

I am looking forward to meeting some fellow kayak anglers.
                            Jim
                            Jim

Hobie Outback
                            TKAA member
                            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

That is good to know. Where do you park if you launch from the store? Also, don't you have to pay to get into the park? If so, how much is the charge? Thanks for the heads up and we will see you there.

Comment

Yep- costs Maryland residents to access the park- I forget what the fee is but it is reasonable-

Last time I took my family down last summer, we were surprised by how crowded it was on the weekends- large groups were together and it was a hispanic group of several dozen from Guatemala in the area of the swimming beach where we setup our umbrella and towels. Because of the crowds, the bathrooms were somewhat cluttered- unclean and the wife hasn't wanted to return to the park since- shouldn't be a problem for kayak fishing-
                                "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                                2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                                "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                                Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                                X