Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in 52.

Comment

I am thinking of leaving my house around 8am to get to PLO around 11am. Hopefully I can meet up with some of you. I may try to track John down at his camp before launching for the noon time falling tide.

Comment

Moc- you have to come past my house to get to Point Lookout- stop by and we can convoy down-I had planned to leave my house around 9:30 am to get there and fish the falling tide-
        Last edited by ronaultmtd; 06-06-2011, 09:39 PM.
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
          Moc- you have to come past my house to get to Point Lookout- stop by and we can convoy down-I had planned to leave my house around 9:30 am to get there and fish the falling tide-
          Sounds like a plan.....any other takers?

Comment

So we are meeting at noon?
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Pinch- When we get there, I plan to launch and fish the falling tide- the meet and greet is scheduled for the times they have posted- I figure to paddle back in to the meet and greet after fishing for several hours- I like catching fish- maybe you can at PLO on a dead low tide, but my experience in fishing salt water is that I don't catch much on slack water but skates, sand sharks and crabs-if low tide is 5:07 p.m. and the meet and greet is scheduled for 4:30 that means most folks will chat a bit, mingle, pay for their T-Shirts (I plan on picking up my XXXL shirts) maybe take a few photos and then launch their yaks for some group fishing at dead low tide- should be nice and calm, but I don't know if you can catch the targeted species then- I think we would have better luck fishing from 11ish to 4 pm- then paddle in for the meet and greet, load up and go home-

Bill is the guy that lives down in this area and has some fishing experience at PLO in a kayak- if he hooks up with us we should have some luck- I plan on bringing my VHF radio along so we can chat on the water- my boat call sign is the "Wet Dream."

Comment

Plo

I hope that you can make it Bob. I''l definitely have some beverage with youir name on it. Possibly a pounder or two! Why don't you bring Dillon and the new boat so he can get the skunk off that thing. Give me a call.

Originally posted by Mullet Miller View Post
                I'm on call at work, but I may try to make a run down. Long as you have cold refreshing beverages that is!

Comment

I'll be camping Friday, Saturday, leaving Sunday. I chose site 51 since I see one of you went with 52. I'll do 12pm meet since most people seem to want that time.
                  2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Great - see you there at noon

Comment

I will be down early to get some fishing in and head back in for the M&G. Have we decided on a location? I will be launching from the marina/camp store kayak launch but will meet up with everyone were ever.
                      Jim

Hobie Outback
                      TKAA member
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
                        I will be down early to get some fishing in and head back in for the M&G. Have we decided on a location? I will be launching from the marina/camp store kayak launch but will meet up with everyone were ever.
                        It looks like the store is the best spot since we have access to beach launch.
                        2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

I will launch at the store also, but I will try to get there around 11am at campsite 51 and 52 to catch up and meet before 12 noon launch. I plan on fishing into the evening. Heck, if I am tired then I will power nap in my car.

Comment

The weatherman is saying a 60% chance of thunderstorms, so the earlier start time should allow us to get some fishing time before the late afternoon boomers pop up- we need the rain, but I am allergic to bolts of lightening

Comment

I'll be giving my new battery a whirl on Saturday. Picked up an AGM battery from Cabelas.
                              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

6-10

Is anyone interested in fishing on Friday afternoon? I will probably be there in by 3:00pm. I will be camping at site 133 unless they will let me change the reservation to be near the 50's sites.

Comment

Working...
                                X