October M&G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directions

For those with GPS or for MapQuest: The marina entrance is between the addresses of 133 Bayview East and 135 Bayview East, Annapolis, MD 21403. There is a yellow gate, drive down to the end and that is where the launch will be. I will be there early and let folks in before the gate opens. The gate is on a timer and opens when there is light. After that time, you can just drive in. Look for the vehicles with kayaks and racks.

Verbal Directions. For those coming from the Eastern Shore or points East, take Rt 50, Exit 22, near Annapolis, to Aris T. Allen Blvd., which is Rt. 665.

For those coming from the West, take Rt. 50, Exit 22, near Annapolis, to Aris T. Allen Blvd., which is Rt. 665.

For those coming from the South, take Rt. 2 and Exit onto Rt. 665, South, towards Annapolis.

At this point everyone should be on the same page.

Take Rt. 665 towards Annapolis, South. Continue on Rt. 665. You will start to see traffic signals, that is where the road changes name to Forest Dr. Continue on Forest Dr. for about three or so miles. You will come to the intersection Hillsmere Dr. and Forest Dr. There will be a Shell Station on your left and an Exxon station on your right. Turn right onto Hillsmere Dr. Go about two miles to the end of Hillsmere Dr. From there you can see the river. Turn left onto Bayview East. Continue till you come to the addresses of 133 and 135. In between those addresses there is a yellow gate. That is the entrance to the marina.

OK, that should be simple. If mapquest zig-zags you through some of the community streets, that is OK, you will come to the same outcome. For some reason mapquest tends to do that. I don't think there was much problem with folks getting lost last year.
    Last edited by DOGFISH; 09-20-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Don, Any chance to also have a mini M&G on the 1st?

Comment

what time are you looking to launch?

Comment

Last year we started at 7:00 am. I can be at the gate by 6 if anyone wants to start early. On the 22nd, given that time period we will fishing an incoming tide. That should be about right.

John, yes, I am still trying to get off work on the 1st also. It should be no problem. With a 7:00 am launch, it will put us fishing an out going tide, which is not bad, just so we have a moving tide. We could have a mini meet if you want. Its fine with me. As I said, I will be glad to get out fishing. So far this year I have been really busy and have not fished that much.

I went down to the marina after work today. The water is cloudy. It could be worse. However, from the fisherman coming into the store, the fish are biting. It is the main bay that is still really bad. The debris on the beach at the marina is not as bad as I thought it would be.

Comment

By the way, many folks are talking of white perch fishing. If you are looking at the charts for the meet and greet? Notice the cut or waterway between Turkey Point Island, on the South bank of the river. There are many, many docks in that area. Not only is there good white perch fishing in that area, fishing around the docks produce good numbers of stripers. It is sort of like bass fishing in the bay. So this may also be an option for some.

Comment

I will try to be there this saturday about 6ish. If no one shows I"m going to the BB at sandy point. If anyone wants to meet up feel free to keep my cell # handy, 443-306-7306
              C U on the water Saturday morning SOMEPLACE!!!
              Tom
              Tom Brown
              Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
              2012 Hobie PA 14'
              Ocean Kayak Tident 13
              2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
                I will try to be there this saturday about 6ish. If no one shows I"m going to the BB at sandy point. If anyone wants to meet up feel free to keep my cell # handy, 443-306-7306
                C U on the water Saturday morning SOMEPLACE!!!
                Tom
                Not this Saturday. October 1, is the following Saturday. That is for the mini-meet.

Comment

OOPS!!!!! I was thinking that this sat is the 1st. Anyway, I will be on the bay maybe this Saturday morn, and will deff be out on Sunday morning this weekend. Prob around the BB at SPSP area. I have a prior commitment with my Vollunteer Fire house for next Saturday until about noon or 1pm, I am planning on next Sunday though being out n the water somehere, not sure where yet...
                  Thanks for the heads up
                  Tom
                  Tom Brown
                  2012 Hobie PA 14'
                  Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

My wife is due to deliver end of October...so I want to get out one more time early October before I have to be on call 24/7 for the new baby. I am interested in joining the mini-meet if you all decide to have it.
                    Sun Fishin'

Comment

This weekend

Well after the two days I've had it doesn't look llike I'm gonna be available for this weekend unless someone can pick up me and my gear including my yak. I burned up my Transmission today enroute to work. Will most likely not have it back for several days and an estimated $1,800.00 later. My wife had a small accident (got t-boned almost in front of our house) yesterday and now has a small rental car and no way of mounting my Yak on that. Shes ok just a bruesed elbow. So looks like I'm gonna be watching alot of TV this weekend. I have the absolute WORST LUCK IN THE WORLD!!!!!
                      Tom Brown
                      2012 Hobie PA 14'
                      Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

See you guys on the 22nd!

Chimo

Comment

It doesn't sound like you should waste your money on a lottery ticket- but if there is any solace, the weather has dumped millions of gallons of additional fresh water into the Bay that will have an effect on fishing and it doesn't look like we have the best forecast.
                          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

OK, I'm off work on October 1st also. So for anyone wanting to do a mini-meet, I can do that also. It will be at the same place as the regular meet and greet. I'll be at the gate about 6:30 on the 1st.

Comment

What are some rigs that you would recommend for jigging? What are your plans for the mini-meet?

I was thinking of trying some rocky shorelines using topwater baits first, and then jigging if that doesn't produce.
                              Sun Fishin'

Comment

I am not a big vertical jig angler. I only dabble at it. What seems to be a popular jig is the stingsilver in gold or silver. What I do is, troll and if the fish that I mark on the FF are not taking trolled lures, I will go back and try jigging. The mouth of the river is a large open area. You must locate the fish first. It is not like fishing the bridge.

There are alot of flats type areas good for popping. If you should go around to the tip of Thomas Point, there are rocky bottom areas there. There are many flat shallow areas in that area. There are also many docks along the river that may also be a source of jigging with bucktails or soft baits. If you go to the NOAA web site, check out chart 12270 for a look at the bottom contours. The mouth of the South River is a large area to cover, which is why I troll alot to locate fish. Also, don't overlook the cut between Turkey Point Island. There are many docks in that area, which are good places to work lures. Many of the shore lines are rip rap.

For the mini-meet, I suppose we will meet at about 6:30-7:00 and go from there. I posted the directions on page three or four of this thread. As you zoom in on the chart, we launch from that little black point in Duvall Creek. That is the marina.

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/12270.shtml
                                Last edited by DOGFISH; 09-26-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X